Keto Diet

38 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

I

As someone who has done this a couple times, the biggest thing to remember is DO NOT under ANY circumstances skimp on fluid intake. It helps with the weight loss, and is necessary to help your body process the extra sodium intake.

Also take a multi vitamin every day, as you are eating no fruits. 

Therein lies the problem with any of these diets no? They work in the short term..but so difficult to maintain over the long term. I trust Mr.Info based on his profession and background, to know this stuff way better than me.

It always about booze for me. Less I drink, fewer calories I take in, better I feel in the morning...better and harder workouts..feel better, as a result, eat cleaner, drink less booze that night..better sleep cause I drank less...rinse repeat!

42 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Therein lies the problem with any of these diets no? They work in the short term..but so difficult to maintain over the long term. I trust Mr.Info based on his profession and background, to know this stuff way better than me.

It always about booze for me. Less I drink, fewer calories I take in, better I feel in the morning...better and harder workouts..feel better, as a result, eat cleaner, drink less booze that night..better sleep cause I drank less...rinse repeat!

Same here, I really don’t do short term diets and I know the alcohol is key. Just a matter of discipline. 

6 hours ago, Mr Info said:

Be very careful of anything Mercola says. He has been ordered by the FTC to stop false claims.

https://www.quackwatch.org/11Ind/mercola.html

They can FTC themselves, Mercola is on top of things and his products work, his vitamin supplements are the only ones I've tried that don't cause me problems and have improved my digestion, eyesight, skin and joints.

Those clowns are afraid of people getting healthy and losing their cash cow of the medical and drug industries, can't make money if people are healthy.

7 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

They can FTC themselves, Mercola is on top of things.,,.

Oh, he certainly is. This article best describes him 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theringer.com/platform/amp/2017/1/5/16041098/dr-joseph-mercola-natural-health-website-bc1ac5e6ebc

But he is similar to Verdis Norton behind the Asea scam...and those behind the MonaVie scam ...and those behind the laetrile scam...

On 6/4/2018 at 4:23 PM, Mr Info said:

The Keto diet along with other low carb/high fat/protein diets (i.e., Paleo, Whole30, Atkins) are popular. Most of these diets are difficult to sustain but can work well in the short term. Typically, you are ingesting more sodium and with the higher protein, cholesterol levels may increase.

I exercise intensely quite a bit and do not use a diet. I weigh 5 lbs more than when I graduated from HS a long time ago. I try to eat healthy, avoid processed foods and fast foods, and do not over eat. I do not find it difficult to skip meals (e.g., lunch if I know I will be going out for dinner). I have two tenets: 1.) eat no more calories than what you will expend in watts that day 2.) 80/20 rule: eat healthy 80% of the time but enjoy what you want the other 20%.

Some people require more structure which is why these diets, NutriSystem, and others exist. If they work for you, then great. Some are very restrictive which makes it difficult when going to a restaurant. And others avoid foods that are certainly healthy.

If I were on one of these diets, I would request a periodic lipid panel performed to make sure cholesterol, ldl, hdl, tris had not changed adversely from this diet due to the high protein consumption.

I get a lipid panel every 6 months for last 20 years.  Just dropping the pounds helped to bring the numbers in line.  It doesn't matter what I eat, just how much.

Dropping the weight/fat around belly corrects everything.  At least for me.

Oh... And when.  Timing of when to eat.

• Like (+1) 1

I started a weight loss journey myself.  To lose 10 lbs @YoloinOhio I think you can do it easily.  No food after dinner is a simple rule that will help tremendously.  It allows your body fasting time and time to digest everything you have given it.  For me late night snacking was my biggest problem.  I drink a ton of water in place of food so I stay hydrated and have lost 25 lbs.  I didn't add exercise (I'm lazy) but changed my relationship with food.  I no longer eat just because I am bored.

As to the Keto we are gluten free in my house due to my wife and daughter's allergies but my wife is also type 1 diabetic so carbs are important.  Personally, I feel like absolute garbage whenever I have low carbs.  Therefore Keto is out for me.  To me (jmo) it is another fad diet.  The best diet (again imo) is paying attention to what you eat and when.  Keep processed foods to a minimum, don't eat late, and snack during the day.

Best of luck!!!  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, section122 said:

I started a weight loss journey myself.  To lose 10 lbs @YoloinOhio I think you can do it easily.  No food after dinner is a simple rule that will help tremendously.  It allows your body fasting time and time to digest everything you have given it.  For me late night snacking was my biggest problem.  I drink a ton of water in place of food so I stay hydrated and have lost 25 lbs.  I didn't add exercise (I'm lazy) but changed my relationship with food.  I no longer eat just because I am bored.

As to the Keto we are gluten free in my house due to my wife and daughter's allergies but my wife is also type 1 diabetic so carbs are important.  Personally, I feel like absolute garbage whenever I have low carbs.  Therefore Keto is out for me.  To me (jmo) it is another fad diet.  The best diet (again imo) is paying attention to what you eat and when.  Keep processed foods to a minimum, don't eat late, and snack during the day.

Best of luck!!!  

Eat to live.  Not live to eat.

It's the opposite of saving money.  Don't keep on topping the account off.  Keep it half empty and burning.  This flies in the face in what may be genetically programmed in us... To worry where our next meal may be coming from. That's because humans endured fasts due to lack of food.  Today, we have to fight that primal urge to over eat.  We have to force that fast to jumpstart the body into ketosis.

We are too regular when it comes to eating.  Easy to pack on pounds.

Also... Good luck.  I lost 100 pounds 3-4 years ago. I kept it off.  I creep up a little bit to 210... But feel comfortable there, enjoy more and stay in the same 34-36" waist.  I am about 74" tall. Nice ratio there.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1