SC sides with CO baker

9 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

Recent Republican presidents not named George W. Bush and Donald Trump have an awful track record when it comes to that.  Based on his Gorsuch pick I don't think Trump would make the same mistakes Reagan and H. W. did.

gotta hold Trump to the fire on appointments.

doing a great job at lower and equally important levels to date

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

gotta hold Trump to the fire on appointments.

doing a great job at lower and equally important levels to date

It's a (really, another) campaign promise that Trump seems fully intent on keeping.  The lower courts are being stuffed to the gills with right-wing judges.

8 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

It's a (really, another) campaign promise that Trump seems fully intent on keeping.  The lower courts are being stuffed to the gills with right-wing judges.

they don't have to be right wing, but holding to any decent level of common sense would be fine

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

they don't have to be right wing, but holding to any decent level of common sense would be fine

Certainly.  My point was more focused on the campaign promise itself, not necessarily an endorsement of stuffing courts full of right-wingers.

There are currently two nominations for the 9th circuit before the Senate Judiciary Committee and one already reported out.  May see some common sense out west before too long.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

you really cannot force a private business to perform a task they don't want to, especially if the client is free and unhampered from going to dozens of other suitable options immediately.

What about the other protected classes? 

i mean, what if someone objects to a black santa, or someting along those lines? 

Edited by Paulus

25 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ginsburg and Sotomayor dissent.  What a...surprise...  ^_^

Ginsburg should have been impeached from the bench long ago when she admitted to using international/foreign law in her rulings

Of course multiple media reports today are STILL going with the FALSE spin that the Baker did notwant to bake for Gays.

Gays were served at the bakery daily...........it simply doesn't come up.

When they refused to participate in a specific service that they did not agree with...............that's when the lawsuits started ....To make an example of the Bigot Baker.

43e31b647b49e2f97105c76de842aa94--rainbo

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, row_33 said:

go ahead, elaborate...

I mean, what if someone objects to a black santa, or someting along those lines?

There is definiatly a difference between denying services for someone outright, and denying completing a task a cerain way for them.  

Surprise ! CNN poo-pooed this as a non precedent ruling. Surely all the other LW lemming media outlets will follow suit.

Had the SC went the other way,  LW media be trumpeting this as a landmark ruling.

16 minutes ago, Paulus said:

I mean, what if someone objects to a black santa, or someting along those lines?

There is definiatly a difference between denying services for someone outright, and denying completing a task a cerain way for them.  

yes, this should have been completed at the level of the baker stating they unable to complete the task, please go to another bakery

taking this to the SC is nothing but lethal vengeance

the Dutch still troop out Black Peter for their "Santa Claus" thing each year....

i always send the annual news item along with "WTH is this" to my friends, they never reply...

15 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Surprise ! CNN poo-pooed this as a non precedent ruling. Surely all the other LW lemming media outlets will follow suit.

Had the SC went the other way,  LW media be trumpeting this as a landmark ruling.

they lose again

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Of course multiple media reports today are STILL going with the FALSE spin that the Baker did notwant to bake for Gays.

When they refused to participate in a specific service that they did not agree with...............that's when the lawsuits started ....To make an example of the Bigot Baker.

Ya, it upset him it was a gay cake. No bigotry there...

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Put some candles on it and call it a flaming birthday cake.