New shade of ice in the NHL?

Fezmid

Actually, the blue ice is being tested at HSBC Arena in Buffalo when the Amerks play here on 3/20 & 4/3.  I'll be there for at least the first game.

276264[/snapback]

Take pictures!

:blink:

CW

ice

276255[/snapback]

Follow the link and check out Cunneyworth's press conference.

The ice looks pretty cool but the yellow lines are a little goofy. I'd prefer the old red and blue line arrangement to this but the blue-tinted ice is actually pretty cool.

i definitely like the blue tint, but i dont like the new colored lines...as jillson said, what are we gonna call defensemen now, orange-liners?

276524[/snapback]

They'll be blueliners forever. Just like lefthanders will always be southpaws even though ballparks don't face due east anymore.

heh.. looks like blue and gold to me.... yeah force every team in the league to have old sabres colors on their home ice!!! now thats marketing.

276488[/snapback]

It won't be old color scheme for long. Blue and Gold will return soon.

i definitely like the blue tint, but i dont like the new colored lines...as jillson said, what are we gonna call defensemen now, orange-liners?

276524[/snapback]

It looks stupid with the current logo. But when they go to the modernized version of the old logo, that will look tight.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2014167

I hope they post pictures....

CW

276233[/snapback]

I think that a black buck on a blue surface willl be even tougher to track than a black puck on a white surface.

Not sure exactly what blue ice will do to make the game more attractive except that they are doing something different for the sake of doing something different.

I think that a black buck on a blue surface willl be even tougher to track than a  black puck on a white surface.

Not sure exactly what blue ice will do to make the game more attractive except that they are doing something different for the sake of doing something different.

277005[/snapback]

The thinking, Im assuming, is to make the sport more TV friendly, to kick up the TV contracts. This could be interesting, with each city having a different ice color. Its a sort of home ice advantage.

What they really need to do is add more scoring, you know how us Americans love scoring. I was scoring jus tthe other night and.... oh, this discussino has take a wrong turn. ;)

Its funny how the media and non hockey people keep saying that "I can't follow the puck." Well, dummy, you don't follow the puck specifically, you follow where the players are going to, setting up, avoiding checks, flow of the game etc. I don't need to follow the puck every second to know where the play is developing.

I'm OK with changing the ice color shade if it helps HDTV, but i agree with other posters on this thread, that the Blue Lines to Orange and Center Line to Blue is not needed. Also, when they come back I hope they dump the Two Line Pass rule and reinstall Tag Up Off Sides.