You can shower at the Hammersticks and get $10,000

2 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

Upstate NYer here, can confirm: Vermont sucks.  :lol:

VT is UpState NY... But NYS shouldn't take it back.

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

Vermont ranks #14 in opioid overdose deaths since 1999; Illinois is #21.

Over the last 10 years, these deaths have increased by 91% in VT; 116% in Illinois.

Looks like the heroin epidemic might be worse where you live (Cook County is the worst in IL, by the way).

But ... as JH states, the epidemic is everywhere.  VT, for whatever reason, always seems to be everyone's go to as the worst state.

http://host.madison.com/gallery/news/national/the-opioid-crisis-every-state-s-overdose-death-rate-ranked/collection_896db162-8e2f-56bc-809e-b5c34f2a818e.html#39

Where does Will County rank, that's where I live.  Joliet is a sh*thole BTW.  We all know that.

Ain't no heroin on my street.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Only if you ask nicely.

There’s a heroin epidemic everywhere, dude.

What do you mean about talking like you got marbles in your mouth?  I’ve lived all over the US, and Vermonters have a slight dialect, but nothing too noticeable.  

You haven't been deep into The Northeast Kingdom... Where my Bro inlaw is from.  It's straight out of W.Virginia.  Hill talk is strange.  Kinda like me. ?

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

VT is UpState NY... But NYS shouldn't take it back.

Where does Will County rank, that's where I live.  Joliet is a sh*thole BTW.  We all know that.

Ain't no heroin on my street.

Of course it’s not on your street.  Heroin junkies are like bloodhounds for that ****!  They find it and use it before you wake up in the morning ?

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

You haven't been deep into The Northeast Kingdom... Where my Bro inlaw is from.  It's straight out of W.Virginia.  Hill talk is strange.  Kinda like me. ?

What do you mean by the northeast kingdom?  What town?  North of Burlington near Saint Albans?

7 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

(shhhh !, don't mention you're moving here because it's the 2nd least diversified populace of all 50 states)

You're from Vermont and you fart a lot?

Ladies and gentleman, I've discovered a sapient cow right here on our own message board!

21 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You're from Vermont and you fart a lot?

Ladies and gentleman, I've discovered a sapient cow right here on our own message board!

The self professed worlds smartest man assumes too much.

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Vermont ranks #14 in opioid overdose deaths since 1999; Illinois is #21.

Over the last 10 years, these deaths have increased by 91% in VT; 116% in Illinois.

Looks like the heroin epidemic might be worse where you live (Cook County is the worst in IL, by the way).

But ... as JH states, the epidemic is everywhere.  VT, for whatever reason, always seems to be everyone's go to as the worst state.

http://host.madison.com/gallery/news/national/the-opioid-crisis-every-state-s-overdose-death-rate-ranked/collection_896db162-8e2f-56bc-809e-b5c34f2a818e.html#39

Johnny seems to be doing the Lord's work and making sure they have a shower before they OD.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Could have saved that poor Green Mountain Boy... Need another to work remotely now!

Heroin is a bad mofo.  I’ve been to 3 funerals for students who I have worked with in a therapeutic capacity (overdose deaths). 

I’ve also lost two close friends, who are close to my age, to heroin overdoses (back in my hometown Auburn, NY).  One I played lacrosse with since I was four years old....had two daughters.  I just don’t understand all of this.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The downstairs bathroom is recently remodeled too!  Come to VT for the $10,000, and stay for the excellent water pressure and blue glass mosaic tile shower walls!!  

What was the final resolution to the epic Shower conundrum - don't think I followed it through to its conclusion (if in fact it is concluded :) )

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He died.  24 or 25 years old I believe.  

Holy Crap.   

Not in your shower I hope  :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

No, this happened about a year after he moved away.  Very sad.  I don’t know where he was at the time.   

So the whole shower issue got resolved before that then - was there some final confrontation/agreement that he not use your shower, and then that was it?