You can shower at the Hammersticks and get $10,000

Didn't read, but saw headlines... How long do you gotta stay to game system?

Can you collect and head back to civilization in a month.

I once read that Vermonters drive the most among the residents of the 50 states. For a small state, I didn't believe.  But getting to the one Walmart, tucked away, hidden behind a hill near Burlington was an all day affair when visiting my sister near Jay Peak a few years back.

It was almost like they were ashamed of the store.  I said to my son: "Look, it blends in with the topography... Yet, every Vermonter is driving... Belching exhaust to get here probably."

Gr8... Awesome being a hermit, in hippy utopia... But drive a zillion miles thru white and winding road to get to the Indiana of New England... New Hampshire to find a big box.

There is always Amazon...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

20 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Didn't read, but saw headlines... How long do you gotta stay to game system?

Can you collect and head back to civilization in a month.

I once read that Vermonters drive the most among the residents of the 50 states. For a small state, I didn't believe.  But getting to the one Walmart, tucked away, hidden behind a hill near Burlington was an all day affair when visiting my sister near Jay Peak a few years back.

It was almost like they were ashamed of the store.  I said to my son: "Look, it blends in with the topography... Yet, every Vermonter is driving... Belching exhaust to get here probably."

Gr8... Awesome being a hermit, in hippy utopia... But drive a zillion miles thru white and winding road to get to the Indiana of New England... New Hampshire to find a big box.

There is always Amazon...

Dude, don't you live in Indiana or some crappy suburb south of Chicago?  I think I'd rather live in Aleppo, Syria than where you live.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dude, don't you live in Indiana or some crappy suburb south of Chicago?  I think I'd rather live in Aleppo, Syria than where you live.

Yeah.  What's your point.  Some parts of Vermont are worse than the darkest, deepest parts of Appalachia.

My brother inlaw is from the Northeast Kingdom... He can talk like them when he wants... Just as bad as going into scary Indiana, Ohio, Illinois... Without a flatlander twist.

I do Jones with Vermont.  I wish the hippies and kids would have flopped and stayed where I am.  A one toothed hillbilly is better than a one toothed flatlander.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.  What's your point.  Some parts of Vermont are worse than the darkest, deepest parts of Appalachia.

My brother inlaw is from the Northeast Kingdom... He can talk like them when he wants... Just as bad as going into scary Indiana, Ohio, Illinois... Without a flatlander twist.

I do Jones with Vermont.  I wish the hippies and kids would have flopped and stayed where I am.  A one toothed hillbilly is better than a one toothed flatlander.

I need an interpreter to understand this.  Anyone?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Something about trying to get to California during the gold rush and losing a wheel along the way. Then he got high and had kids and never left the flatlands? 

• Haha (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Translation:  Any place can be a sch*thole.

6 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I think Millbank is your only hope.

Mill is a wise, wise man...

5 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Something about trying to get to California during the gold rush and losing a wheel along the way. Then he got high and had kids and never left the flatlands? 

But it beats a heroin epidemic and talking like you got marbles in your mouth... Now posting like you got marbles in your mouth, another story. ? ?

Tempted to take that 10 grand... Go live with my sister and tell them I let the carp thru remotely.  LoL...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The downstairs bathroom is recently remodeled too!  Come to VT for the $10,000, and stay for the excellent water pressure and blue glass mosaic tile shower walls!!  

Do you provide matching loofah sponges?

44 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Do you provide matching loofah sponges?

Only if you ask nicely.

2 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

But it beats a heroin epidemic and talking like you got marbles in your mouth... Now posting like you got marbles in your mouth, another story. ?

There’s a heroin epidemic everywhere, dude.

What do you mean about talking like you got marbles in your mouth?  I’ve lived all over the US, and Vermonters have a slight dialect, but nothing too noticeable.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Translation:  Any place can be a sch*thole.

Mill is a wise, wise man...

But it beats a heroin epidemic and talking like you got marbles in your mouth... Now posting like you got marbles in your mouth, another story. ? ?

Tempted to take that 10 grand... Go live with my sister and tell them I let the carp thru remotely.  LoL...

Vermont ranks #14 in opioid overdose deaths since 1999; Illinois is #21.

Over the last 10 years, these deaths have increased by 91% in VT; 116% in Illinois.

Looks like the heroin epidemic might be worse where you live (Cook County is the worst in IL, by the way).

But ... as JH states, the epidemic is everywhere.  VT, for whatever reason, always seems to be everyone's go to as the worst state.

http://host.madison.com/gallery/news/national/the-opioid-crisis-every-state-s-overdose-death-rate-ranked/collection_896db162-8e2f-56bc-809e-b5c34f2a818e.html#39

Edited by Gugny
Added a link. You gotta problem with it??
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Dont you make fun of Aleppo! I hear when it’s not overran by terrorists that it’s quite lovely in April-May

• Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Dont you make fun of Aleppo! I hear when it’s not overran by terrorists that it’s quite lovely in April-May

Aleppo?

- Gary Johnson

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

The downstairs bathroom is recently remodeled too!  Come to VT for the $10,000, and stay for the excellent water pressure and blue glass mosaic tile shower walls!!  

Go you get Sunday Ticket??

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

Go you get Sunday Ticket??

Yessir!!

1 hour ago, LeviF91 said:

Upstate NYer here, can confirm: Vermont sucks.  :lol:

I guess it’s a matter of perspective.  I would hate it here if I were still in my “more formative” years, and did not have a family.  I’m 39...on the cusp of being old, so I’m pretty simple nowadays.  I’d much rather sit by a campfire with some good friends, music, and drinks than I would like to go out to a bar or a nightclub.  There’s tons of stuff for kids to do in my community also which is nice.

Vermont is a great place to raise a family if you live in the right area, and is an amazing place for people like me who enjoy the outdoors.  One of my favorite things about Vermont is that there is a brewery almost literally around every corner.  Another thing I really like are all the ski resorts, and I don’t even ski.  During the off-season, the resorts always have something going on.  Brew-fests, live music, hiking, mountain biking, and all kinds of other fun stuff.  

Burlington is a really neat little city.  Again, if I were in my 20’s I would probably hate it here.  It reminds me a great deal of where I grew up in the Finger Lakes region...only with mountains.

One thing I really hate about Vermont is trying to get around the state.  Route 7 is really the only effective way to get up and down the state, and it’s a single lane road.  They need to build a 2 lane highway from Albany to Burlington.