How Continuity is Helping the Bills' Defense Improve this Offseason

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Don't BBFS on this one. Rex is long gone with the defense in good hands under McDermott and Frazier.

It's not BBFS.  I'm being cautiously optimistic.  Even the best teams have issues with this much turnover on the D.

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

The Bills have been in constant upheaval for so long. I really hope !cDermott and his staff can put an end to that. 

You and me both.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

It's not BBFS.  I'm being cautiously optimistic.  Even the best teams have issues with this much turnover on the D.

You and me both.

It's really not that much turnover on D with Davis, Star, Edmunds, and Murphy as potential new starters who could be upgrades. 

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Jerry was good at getting pressure last year. His problem was finishing with a sack. Statistically speaking he was a top 10 DE for quarterback pressures. Seems like such an odd stat when you see his sack number.

Is that true Milton? He was top 10 in pressures? I haven't seen that stat anywhere grateful if you can point me to it (not disputing at all by the way). It did definitely seem just on the eye test that he got there and failed to make the play a lot of times in 2017.... people just wriggled out of his grasp. 

5 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

If Star can get enough push up the middle to stop QB's from stepping up and there is SOME pressure from the other side I can see

Hughes getting more sacks this year.

Star will also be important for Edmunds. If he forces double teams, Edmunds will be able to run free.

1 hour ago, TPS said:

Star will also be important for Edmunds. If he forces double teams, Edmunds will be able to run free.

It will also free-up Kyle and obviously the ends. 

1 hour ago, TPS said:

For the contract they gave him, McD must feel he's going to have a huge impact on his defense. He's the second highest paid defender behind Hughes I believe, so the coaches must be very confident in him. Front 7 should be vastly improved , which makes an elite secondary even better...

The defense really played well down the stretch and almost won us that WC game , I'm confident in the progression

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Is that true Milton? He was top 10 in pressures? I haven't seen that stat anywhere grateful if you can point me to it (not disputing at all by the way). It did definitely seem just on the eye test that he got there and failed to make the play a lot of times in 2017.... people just wriggled out of his grasp. 

Sorry for the delayed response Gunner. I am 99.9% certain it's true, but am trying to find where I read it. Can't find it anywhere.Found the darn stats for 2016, but not 2017. I'll post it as soon as I do.