The Bills Have Filed to Trademark "Respect the Process"

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate this!! Why can’t we come up with our own things? Let’s be more creative and come up with traditions and tag lines that others are envious of. We have mastered that on the tailgating end. I really wish that we had something like this though (my favorite tradition in sports):

I love that Pink Floyd used this at the end of "Fearless." Always a fan of hearing those @ Anfield singing it.

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

What about Bills Run Deep?

I like this much more. In troubled years of the next generation, many times Bills games were the only non-confrontational time we had. 

2 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Some actually might and especially so if the Bills evolve into a perennial contender under the Beane-McDermott regime.  Foresight. 

And if the opposite happens and McDermott and/or Beane move on, they can't use it with a new team.

4 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

Moves like this reek of desperation.

Like driving towards Buffalo on the I-90 from Erie Pa. and having a sign stating "Buffalo: An All American City" .

Does it even say "American"?  I thought it said "All-America City" which just seems like bad grammar.  In any case I think the same slogan appears when you approach Albany.

5 minutes ago, goober said:

Does it even say "American"?  I thought it said "All-America City" which just seems like bad grammar.  In any case I think the same slogan appears when you approach Albany.

It's all-America City award.  It sounds like bad grammar but that's the name of the award.

19 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It's all-America City award.  It sounds like bad grammar but that's the name of the award.

.....an awarding ? That's just silly.

Like saying other cities suck.

2 hours ago, FappyTheClown said:

I'd buy a McDermott respect the process T-shirt.

Would you wear it in public if the Bills start out 0-4 ?  

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

I never realized that was a real thing.  Now I see Tupelo MS has won 5 times (Buffalo once).  Maybe we should follow Tupelo’s process.  

15 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate this!! Why can’t we come up with our own things? Let’s be more creative and come up with traditions and tag lines that others are envious of. We have mastered that on the tailgating end. I really wish that we had something like this though (my favorite tradition in sports):

Didn't we take the White Stripes song & fan "ooooOOOOooooOOooOooooOOOOhhhh" thing before kickoffs from Penn State? And we took our logo from some Division 3 college too right? And the "12th man" thing we took from Texas A&M"....and....you're right, we take a lot from other places lol

27 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

Didn't we take the White Stripes song & fan "ooooOOOOooooOOooOooooOOOOhhhh" thing before kickoffs from Penn State? And we took our logo from some Division 3 college too right? And the "12th man" thing we took from Texas A&M"....and....you're right, we take a lot from other places lol

The process is lame. Sixers were the most losing team in sports history for 4 years when they coined the process. We made the playoffs for the first time in 18 years when the coined it year one. Sounds like an excuse in case we lose. "Folks trust us in a few years"

6 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Yep, we literally just take someone else’s thing and copy it. There was even a time we were sued and couldn’t use Shout. The fact that they are trying to trademark the whole “process” thing is ridiculous. Everyone knows that’s the 76ers thing. For crying out loud Embiid is nicknamed “The Process.” If Allen is good are we just going to call him the same thing? 

It’s lazy, kind of annoying and not that inspiring. It feels so forced. Real traditions are grown organically. We have mastered that as a fan base. From the tailigating to the “Billsmafia” hashtag we are unique. Other fans are jealous of us because of the way that we go all out for our team. The organization’s creativity and effort hasn’t matched ours. It’s disappointing. I’m not saying that we need the Golden Knights pre-game ceremony but can’t we come up with some traditions that belong to us?? It’s not asking that much. Let’s come up with our own tag lines, traditions and songs (although Shout stays too). 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

This is super corny.  No one besides Bills fans associate this with the Bills.

it also seems like they are covering their butts if they are terrible for a few years. “I know we have gone 1-15 for the last 3 years. But trust the process!”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yep, we literally just take someone else’s thing and copy it. There was even a time we were sued and couldn’t use Shout. The fact that they are trying to trademark the whole “process” thing is ridiculous. Everyone knows that’s the 76ers thing. For crying out loud Embiid is nicknamed “The Process.” If Allen is good are we just going to call him the same thing? 

It’s lazy, kind of annoying and not that inspiring. It feels so forced. Real traditions are grown organically. We have mastered that as a fan base. From the tailigating to the “Billsmafia” hashtag we are unique. Other fans are jealous of us because of the way that we go all out for our team. The organization’s creativity and effort hasn’t matched ours. It’s disappointing. I’m not saying that we need the Golden Knights pre-game ceremony but can’t we come up with some traditions that belong to us?? It’s not asking that much. Let’s come up with our own tag lines, traditions and songs (although Shout stays too). 

IIRC we couldn’t use shout for a little bit in 1993 because the Bills DID NOT pay the Rights  fee that year. 

Later they came to agreement 

Edited by Buffalo716