Name Brand Products

18 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Hellmans..never Dukes

Colemans Dry Mustard

Fage PLain Geek Yogurt

Morton Kosher Salt (last two boxes the grain was off though..anyone else notice that?)

El Yucateco Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero ( the Green hot sauce)

La Costena Chipolte in Adobo

Try Diamond Crystal kosher salt.  Compare with Mortons.  Not as many additives.  Also Mumford Baking Powder.  It has No aluminum.  Why do they put aluminum in baking powder?

Got to be either Best Foods (West Coast's Hellmans) or Kraft Mayo

Tide detergent...once in a while I'll get ALL if Costco has a great deal, but absolutely no off brand

Cereals -- only brand names, depending on what I'm eating at the time, no store brand for me

19 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

I buy mostly store brand products. What products do you have to have name brand on, that you won't skimp for store brand. Conversley, any store brands where you actually prefer the knockoff over the "real thing?" 

I have to have name brand Cola. Prefer Coke, but Pepsi will do. Haven't found a store brand cola that's any good. 

Boxed Mac and Cheese. Has to be Kraft. Perfect amount of cheese flavor. Anything else is too much cheese, or not enough.

HEB, a Texas supermarket chain, has their own line of salsa that is worlds better than any brand I've ever actually heard of. 

Wegman's, Diet Wedge (Squirt knockoff), tastes better than the real thin.

Congratulations, please pat yourself on the back.

The things I absolutely will not skimp on at the grocery store are condiments (including oils and vinegars) and deli meats.  Big, recognizable brands only.

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Coke, No Pepsi

Hellmans Mayo 

Heinz Ketchup

Frenches Mustard

Mrs Butterworth

Gotta pony up for the real thing.

Mustard can be several brands depending on the need:  spicy brown, dijon, yellow, etc.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce. Quite frankly I'm not even sure if anyone else makes the stuff.

I get store brand Worcestershire sauce.