Name Brand Products

I buy mostly store brand products. What products do you have to have name brand on, that you won't skimp for store brand. Conversley, any store brands where you actually prefer the knockoff over the "real thing?" 

I have to have name brand Cola. Prefer Coke, but Pepsi will do. Haven't found a store brand cola that's any good. 

Boxed Mac and Cheese. Has to be Kraft. Perfect amount of cheese flavor. Anything else is too much cheese, or not enough.

HEB, a Texas supermarket chain, has their own line of salsa that is worlds better than any brand I've ever actually heard of. 

Wegman's, Diet Wedge (Squirt knockoff), tastes better than the real thin.

Hellmans..never Dukes

Colemans Dry Mustard

Fage PLain Geek Yogurt

Morton Kosher Salt (last two boxes the grain was off though..anyone else notice that?)

El Yucateco Salsa Picante de Chile Habanero ( the Green hot sauce)

La Costena Chipolte in Adobo

40 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Kraft Real Mayonaise. 

wow, you are the first person I have ever heard say that!

29 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Always Claritan never the store brand. I don't know if it is a placebo thing but I feel that the real stuff works way faster and way better.

Guess I have alwyas only bought the generic..I do the D stuff that helps to make meth..generic works fine for me..but now I wonder if I should try the name stuff

I have noticed store brand glass cleaner is lousy compared to actual "Windex" and so I always get Windex.

The knockoff stuff smears and smudges.

Another is Dove bars of soap; store brand stuff is not right.

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

soylent green

Yeah, I have noticed the store brand stuff just doesn't taste human enough.

• Haha (+1) 1

For years, I would not budge on three things:  Hellman's, Heinz and Skippy.

But my son, knowing I was adamant about these things, challenged me to buy store-brand mayo, ketchup and peanut butter (I've raised him to be a cheap ass, like me).  I did it.  I tried them.  I eventually caved on the ketchup, but I still require Hellman's and Skippy.

Other than that, I'm all about store brands.

Morton Salt.

"When it rains it pours."

Not just table salt.

Same with the water softener salt.  Has to be Morton in pellet (pellet a must) form.  Never been anything else besides Morton in my machines.  I don't want a "salt bridge" or jazz the machine up.  It's what the manufacturer recommends, it is what I will use.  Usually, I claim BS on the manufacturer only warnings... But in this case, I adhere.  For instance, a Honda engine doesn't need genuine Honda oil, but if my softener recommends Morton, I will use Morton Salt.  Too many variables with different salt and machines... Like purity, design of the valve head, venturi valve, etc...

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

But my son, knowing I was adamant about these things, challenged me to buy store-brand mayo, ketchup and peanut butter (I've raised him to be a cheap ass, like me).  I did it.  I tried them.  I eventually caved on the ketchup, but I still require Hellman's and Skippy.

Wal-Mart's chunky peanut butter is boss mode. Make sandwiches with it all the time, love it.

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

My father in law swears by Premium Saltine Crackers. Nothing else will do. Bought some store brand once, and gave him a blind taste test. Figured it out instantly.

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Morton Salt.

"When it rains it pours."

Not just table salt.

Same with the water softener salt.  Has to be Morton in pellet (pellet a must) form.  Never been anything else besides Morton in my machines.  I don't want a "salt bridge" or jazz the machine up.  It's what the manufacturer recommends, it is what I will use.  Usually, I claim BS on the manufacturer only warnings... But in this case, I adhere.  For instance, a Honda engine doesn't need genuine Honda oil, but if my softener recommends Morton, I will use Morton Salt.  Too many variables with different salt and machines... Like purity, design of the valve head, venturi valve, etc...

I find that Diamond Crystal makes a much better, more consistent kosher salt than Morton.

Morton changed their process and now the kosher is ground almost as fine as table salt....

But I guess if you use table salt, it's hard to beat.

23 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Coke, No Pepsi

Hellmans Mayo 

Heinz Ketchup

Weber's Mustard

Mrs Butterworth

I am with you 100%

?  Just one teeny weeny correction.

24 minutes ago, FappyTheClown said:

Charmin Ultra. 

Snowflake. I take you have a rosy bottom too.

On that note:

Scott, 1000 Sheet.