Relatives

Shortly after being married, I drove with my wife from Hilton Head  about 13 hours to get to Cincinnati. We were supposed to stay with my sister and her family, but we arrived a little before midnight and stopped at one of my college bars. We ran into  friends, one thing led to another and we got to my sister’s just before sun up. She was pissed! (Small kids and I know she was sleeping anyways!) My wife (and everyone else) now knows to not piss her off! Someone has some anger issues....

My wife’s sister is one of those people who knows everything about everything. Her opinions magically morph into fact, at least in her mind. I do my best to hold my tongue. Letting her know how obnoxious she can be would not end well. 

6 minutes ago, Captain_Quint said:

Wasn't there a thread on The Stadium wall about this? 

He realized he opened it in the wrong place. I’m just trying to help get traction here....

I have a socially awkward niece who came into the family room where my sons and I were sitting and turned off the football game on TV on Thanksgiving Day. She said she thought it would be nice if we could all connect on a closer level. She suggested a board game, if I recall correctly. I’m proud of my boys, as she escaped unscathed. To be fair, she’s MUCH better with people now, another decade or so later. 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

My wife’s sister is one of those people who knows everything about everything. Her opinions magically morph into fact, at least in her mind. I do my best to hold my tongue. Letting her know how obnoxious she can be would not end well. 

Oh yeah know that type.  I

just don't say much to avoid being lectured 

5 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Oh yeah know that type.  I

just don't say much to avoid being lectured 

At times I get close to SNL levels: “Jane, you ignorant slut!”  

Well, maybe in my mind....

I’m hoping to stay married. 

• Haha (+1) 1