Relatives

Anyone have any relatives that you don't get along with? Anyone like one side of the family a lot better than the other side? Anyone ever have relatives stay at your homes or you stayed at their place and it was a disaster? Lets hear some family stories?

Edited by Ice bowl 67

10 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Anyone have any relatives that you don't get along with? Anyone like one side of the family a lot better than the other side? Anyone ever have relatives stay at your homes or you stayed at their place and it was a disaster? Lets hear some family stories?

I defintely have relatives I prefer not to associate with.  At the same time I don't wish them bad will or totally

cut them out.  

Maybe we should just keep this thread in the TSW section! 

At this time of year, there isn't a hell of a lot of football related stuff to talk about. 

This has to be more entertaining than the seven threads started this week about how we don't have any WRs. 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

Time to share! 

You started this!!! 

Everyone at our family reunion got up in arms cause we all chipped in and bought food and had a huge meal. My Aunt and Uncle were the only ones that didn't show up and nobody knew where they were. Well they finally showed up a half hour later and they brought their own Steaks and just started cooking them for themselves on the grill then they started helping themselves to all the food everyone else bought that they didn't even buy. They ate and went back to their room. Everyone else in the family was fuming. My Aunt and Uncle didn't want to be there in the first place so we think they did that on purpose so it would make everyone angry enough so we didn't want them around. Sure enough the next morning everyone else was nice enough to invite them to breakfast cause nobody heard from them. They said No and hung up on us and they were already north of Green Bay heading back home. They all said we don't want Uncle Bill to come to another family gathering again lol.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

This could be merged. What do we pay the Mods $200k/month for? I think I read (ok, and maybe wrote) that’s what they get for their extraordinary work here. 

This board would be like a Thanksgiving dinner with your sleeziest uncle if not for their heroic work!   

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Everyone at our family reunion got up in arms cause we all chipped in and bought food and had a huge meal. My Aunt and Uncle were the only ones that didn't show up and nobody knew where they were. Well they finally showed up a half hour later and they brought their own Steaks and just started cooking them for themselves on the grill then they started helping themselves to all the food everyone else bought that they didn't even buy. They ate and went back to their room. Everyone else in the family was fuming. My Aunt and Uncle didn't want to be there in the first place so we think they did that on purpose so it would make everyone angry enough so we didn't want them around. Sure enough the next morning everyone else was nice enough to invite them to breakfast cause nobody heard from them. They said No and hung up on us and they were already north of Green Bay heading back home. They all said we don't want Uncle Bill to come to another family gathering again lol.

OK, the bringing of the steak thing hit a chord. Long story short....my “brother in law once removed” and his wife joined us and a group for dinner one night at our home. I had gone to a special butcher shop for enough beef tenderloin to pay your average car payment. They show up at the front door and have their own steaks. “We just want to do strictly organic beef”. An hour or so later, out by the grill, I’m asked “which one’s are ours?”  I have no friggin’ idea! “Those two” I say pointing in the general direction of the grill. I’m not a fan of  pompous people. 

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

OK, the bringing of the steak thing hit a chord. Long story short....my “brother in law once removed” and his wife joined us and a group for dinner one night at our home. I had gone to a special butcher shop for enough beef tenderloin to pay your average car payment. They show up at the front door and have their own steaks. “We just want to do strictly organic beef”. An hour or so later, out by the grill, I’m asked “which one’s are ours?”  I have no friggin’ idea! “Those two” I say pointing in the general direction of the grill. I’m not a fan of  pompous people. 

I think the organics are identified by an "O" under their tail.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don't spend time with any liberal members, as it's just a waste of both our times.

my brother in law is staying with me (again!) He and his wife are good house guests but it's th a breathing, in and out, that is getting old :D

my wife (her brother) says this the last time.

A friend’s mother-in-law instructed the friend’s 5 year old daughter to: “tell Mommy she is no longer pretty after 3 children and should stop using her looks to get her way”

Good ones so far. I have another beef one. 

Well before the whole wheat allergy/gluten free thing was popular, a cousin of mine did a big standing rib roast for a family dinner. He did it in one of those cooking bags for turkeys and roasts and the directions say to throw in a spoonful of flour so the bag doesn't stick. 

Long story short, he ended up in the hospital for dehydration after a rough 2 days. Everyone else enjoyed the roast. Turns out he had a wheat allergy, and celiac. Lived with it his whole life without knowing. Everyone just thought he had a weak stomach up until that point. 

Edited by Captain_Quint

12 hours ago, Ice bowl 67 said:

Are you related to a QB named Aaron Rodgers? Sounds like someone in his family would do.

I think he even plays in Green Bay!