RIP Glenn Snoddy - Fuzz Box Inventor

Wow, cool story (his life; not his death).

My son uses fuzz quite a bit (Electro-Harmonix Big Muff) for guitar and bass.  I'll have to share this link with him.

Thanks for posting!

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

that and Dave Davies accidentally putting a knitting needle through his amp.

I up vote all Kinks references.

There is a documentary out there which is the history of the Fuzz.    Have you seen it?  I checked out Youtube which has several but the one I am familiar with wasn't there.

I have a copy of it somewhere but not sure where.

5 hours ago, Greybeard said:

I up vote all Kinks references.

There is a documentary out there which is the history of the Fuzz.    Have you seen it?  I checked out Youtube which has several but the one I am familiar with wasn't there.

I have a copy of it somewhere but not sure where.

4 hours ago, row_33 said:

Did you happen to see Ray when he was at UB a couple of years ago?    Great show, my music friends and I are waiting in anticipation for his next US tour.   The oddest thing about that show was, he announced they were going to play David Watts.  I thought to myself, of all the Davies compositions, why that one.  It was one of the best.  Being live makes a whole lot a difference for some songs.

14 hours ago, Greybeard said:

Did you happen to see Ray when he was at UB a couple of years ago?    Great show, my music friends and I are waiting in anticipation for his next US tour.   The oddest thing about that show was, he announced they were going to play David Watts.  I thought to myself, of all the Davies compositions, why that one.  It was one of the best.  Being live makes a whole lot a difference for some songs.

Bought Ray Davies album Americana on vinyl. He is a great storyteller. The Kinks in thier prime were 

crazy onstage. And great records. however, the brothers are too far apart to even eat a meal together much less tour. 

anymore. 

Buffalo Kinks story:  Their first appearance at Klienhans music hall was nuts. They blew the roof off.

We knew the bar manager, and saw him a few days after the gig. He said well the Kinks effed it up for

everybody. He said at the time drinks were comped for musicians. Their pre show tab was $600. And

management flipped and ended that. Actually $600 even back then seemed reasonable for a British rock band. lol