Anyone read movie scripts?

I just finished a draft of a new script and am looking for a good reader or two. Is anyone familiar with script format? More importantly, is anyone interested in reading a draft and giving some good, honest criticism?

I have a couple people in the biz waiting to read it, but I don't want to send it out to them until I am confident in the product...and currently I don't think it is (only a second draft). But it's difficult to find people who 1)like to read and 2) can give honest critiques of a work.

So, if you are that person and feel like helping me out, let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the blatent LAMP post!

I just finished a draft of a new script and am looking for a good reader or two. Is anyone familiar with script format? More importantly, is anyone interested in reading a draft and giving some good, honest criticism?

I have a couple people in the biz waiting to read it, but I don't want to send it out to them until I am confident in the product...and currently I don't think it is (only a second draft). But it's difficult to find people who 1)like to read and 2) can give honest critiques of a work.

So, if you are that person and feel like helping me out, let me know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the blatent LAMP post!

276069[/snapback]

I'll do it for you. I'm in the biz. Used to read them for a living. You may not like what I have to say though, I will actually be honest. :rolleyes: PM me if you want.

I'll do it for you. I'm in the biz. Used to read them for a living. You may not like what I have to say though, I will actually be honest.  :rolleyes: PM me if you want.

276071[/snapback]

As long as he doesn't try to buy you shots of tequilla to wash down a couple pitchers of beer, you'll be okay tgreg99.

Unfortunately, yes.

How bad was it?  Well, I still believed that, at 6-6 and 330lbs, I could hop over the fence in front of Duff's in Orchard Park (the one surrounding the outside bar).  I was close, but...

276091[/snapback]

:rolleyes:;)

We've all been there. There's nothing like the inflated sense of self that alcohol can bring.

Alcohol: ain't it great?

Getting back to the topic at hand, I read a couple scripts someone did on another site.  They were Star Wars-related and quite good, I thought.

276105[/snapback]

Were these scripts inspired by the Star Wars universe or the actual SW scripts?

Any interest in reading mine? It's not Star Wars...but it is an action/adventure script.

Inspired by. The last one was really good; it was the author's take on what might happen in Episode 3.

Sure, I'll read yours. Although I normally read a lot of nonfiction, I do like to read just about anything that's well written. I'll give it a shot.