Conservatives winning the war on ...

8 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Thanks bro. Happy Memorial Day!! 

Same, up here we have Queen Victoria's Day or whatever a week earlier.

A loaf of bread, a 2-4 of brew and a hill to lay on all weekend at a Provincial Park. 

Interesting article, though not very surprising.

The money shot is here:

“The Republicans are building an army, while the Democrats are still paying you in ‘making the world a better place,’” said Carlos Vera, the executive director of Pay Our Interns, a watchdog group. “I’ve had older people say to me, ‘Well, I did unpaid internships and I was fine.’ Then you ask them when that was and they say, ‘1972.’ You could work your way through college back then. That simply is not the case anymore.”

The left has moved so far to the left, that its ideology simply doesn't hold up any more. You can promise 'free' health insurance, $15/hour minimum wage, 'free' education, etc., but those promises don't pay the bills. It's difficult to make the world a better place for everyone else when you can't accomplish the simplest task of making the world a livable place for yourself. Now factor in the selfish entitlement nature of many of these kids, especially the ones who came from far-left participation trophy parents, and it's little wonder why they're suckin' hind tit across the country.

13 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The comments on that article... ? oh well, it is HuffPo.

One predictable trait of the left: nothing is ever their fault. Nothing. Either someone else it to blame, or they just didn't explain their message well enough.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If the Dems lose the midterms, it's over for them.

nah, The People like to have two parties with practically little to choose between them, they get to throw the bums out and nothing much changes

25 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If the Dems lose the midterms, it's over for them.

Ten years ago, Obama won and it was over for the Republicans.  Ten years before that, it was over for the Democrats.  Ten years from now, it'll be over for the Republicans again.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Ten years ago, Obama won and it was over for the Republicans.  Ten years before that, it was over for the Democrats.  Ten years from now, it'll be over for the Republicans again.

The democrat party is getting older and has less future stars in the minors. Their bench is devoid of talent. I saw somewhere here that 23 republican senators are under 60 years old, while only 13 democrats are under 60. I know things can change but the dems are moving so far to the left that a Tip O'Neill would not recognize them. Just look at where the prominent dems like Obama and Clinton stood just 2-3 election cycles ago on immigration and border security, same sex marriage and gun control. They've moved markedly to the left since. At present they cannot win with coddling MS-13 or openly rooting for North Korea against Trump. Nancy Pelosi could be made to look like the new Hanoi Jane and be campaigned against by the repubs as the leader of the dems. That puts the dems in a pickle and could very well lead to chaos in that party. Then again, Trump could tweet something so ridiculous that he rallies the dem base and independents.

39 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

The comments on that article... ? oh well, it is HuffPo.

In all fairness, you see that kind of thing literally everywhere online. Any place where comments can be posted; articles, blogs, twitter, youtube videos, you name it. They all eventually devolve into the same low-brow back & forth. It would be entertaining if it wasn't so depressing.

Why do democrats and progressives feel the need to brand themselves as a "movement"?  How about governing without radically changing things?  I want my representatives to carry my banner, not the other way around. People aren't really looking for movements. Sounds too overthrowy and it will only get the left so far.

35 minutes ago, snafu said:

Why do democrats and progressives feel the need to brand themselves as a "movement"?  How about governing without radically changing things?  I want my representatives to carry my banner, not the other way around. People aren't really looking for movements. Sounds too overthrowy and it will only get the left so far.

They are a bowel movement 

• Like (+1) 1