(OT) Need some recommendations for

ajzepp

I've been drinking Maker's Mark and sprite lately...

I'm sure you could replace the Maker's with any other decent bourbon. Its a pretty good drink, and you don't have to feel like a fag carrying around a pink or blue drink.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I'm about ready to heave just reading that sh*t lol 

Back when I used to drink to the point of intoxication, I found that 800mg of Ibuprofin and two full glasses of water before passing out took the edge off the following morning.

275916[/snapback]

It's the glasses of water that did the most for you. Dehydration is one of the leading causes of hangovers. That and cogeners, but if you're drinking beer, that's not as much a factor...

If you're looking for the buzz then Molson XXX.

Sold in the states now.

3-4 of those bad boys and you're feeling real happy.

My personal recomendation nights on the town is Amstel. Pace yourself. Make it till late night and you won't have to worry about conversation. You won't find your bride-to-be but you certainly won't be waking up alone.

Drop the pansy mixed drinks, girlie man, and get with the 420 program, wouldcha? Take a couple of bong hits, cough to get off, toss back a couple drops of Visine in each of your orbs, grab yourself a decent beer, kick back in the bar and watch how stupid everyone looks drunk and how cool you look stoned.

Just don't try to talk. Cuz you'll sound stupid and look like this... :blink:  B-)  :unsure:  :unsure:  :unsure:

275946[/snapback]

Not if you smoke enough. ;)

Its a pretty good drink, and you don't have to feel like a fag carrying around a pink or blue drink.

276027[/snapback]

I understand that this sentence is highly un-PC, but besides for the fact that I don't care about PC, it was friggin' hilarious.

Do you have the number for AA handy? You seem to have a need to get a buzz? Sounds like trouble in the making. Personally I loves me my beer!

Okay, here's the deal.....

I'm tired of having to drink 3-4 beers or these Bacardi cooler things in order to get a half decent buzz. On the other hand, I cannot stand the taste of alcohol. So I need some help finding an alcoholic beverage that 1) packs more of a punch than beer, 2) does a good job of covering up the alchohol taste, and 3) is 'manly' enough to order when I'm out. 

Now that I'm single again, I want to start easing back into the social scene. I'm typically pretty reserved until I get a drink or two in me, so this is where I need your guys' help. (Of course, too much alcohol in my system and I start pissing in bathtubs and getting into arguments with parked cars  :blink:  ) 

Any ideas?

275616[/snapback]

Do you have the number for AA handy?  You seem to have a need to get a buzz?  Sounds like trouble in the making.  Personally I loves me my beer!

276643[/snapback]

Thanks for your contribution :blink:

Do you have the number for AA handy?  You seem to have a need to get a buzz?  Sounds like trouble in the making.  Personally I loves me my beer!

276643[/snapback]

This thread has really let me know who the "life of the party" types are...

:blink:

and to answer the question you're about to ask, no, you don't have to be drunk to have fun, but people making this guy sound like an alcoholic are probably a little more uptight than need be. You only get one trip around - at least make it fun.

nobody commented about the fact that you've been drinking Bacardi drinks!!???! stop that now!

276728[/snapback]

LOL, okay I'll stop

This thread has really let me know who the "life of the party" types are...

;)

and to answer the question you're about to ask, no, you don't have to be drunk to have fun, but people making this guy sound like an alcoholic are probably a little more uptight than need be. You only get one trip around - at least make it fun.

276651[/snapback]

No joke........

There is no fine line between a nice buzz to take the edge off and flat out intoxication. I would be willing to bet that there are people on this board who have had more alcohol in a week than I've had in the last ten years.

No joke........

There is no fine line between a nice buzz to take the edge off and flat out intoxication. I would be willing to bet that there are people on this board who have had more alcohol in a week than I've had in the last ten years.

276770[/snapback]

Guilty as charged ;) .......BTW a nice gin and tonic goes down pretty nice. ;)

Beware the dark side of binges!

"A binge occurs when an adult male consumes five or more drinks or a female consumes four or more drinks in a short period of time. Because women metabolize alcohol less efficiently than men and usually have less body mass, they become more intoxicated with a comparable number of drinks. (One drink is generally calculated as a 12-ounce bottle of beer or wine cooler, one 5-ounce glass of wine or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits.) "

I guess I'm a "binge" drinker on most weekends.

This just seemed appropriate for this topic.

"A binge occurs when an adult male consumes five or more drinks or a female consumes four or more drinks in a short period of time. Because women metabolize alcohol less efficiently than men and usually have less body mass, they become more intoxicated with a comparable number of drinks. (One drink is generally calculated as a 12-ounce bottle of beer or wine cooler, one 5-ounce glass of wine or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits.) "

277086[/snapback]

define "short period of time".... 5 beers in a short period of time?

There were times in college where i had five beers in 20 minutes playing some intense beer pong. So, by that measure, now when I have 5 beers in an hour and a half, I'm fine.

277086[/snapback]

Yeah me too. I was like I'm glad they didn't do a story on friends and me.