(OT) Need some recommendations for

ajzepp

Okay, here's the deal.....

I'm tired of having to drink 3-4 beers or these Bacardi cooler things in order to get a half decent buzz. On the other hand, I cannot stand the taste of alcohol. So I need some help finding an alcoholic beverage that 1) packs more of a punch than beer, 2) does a good job of covering up the alchohol taste, and 3) is 'manly' enough to order when I'm out.

Now that I'm single again, I want to start easing back into the social scene. I'm typically pretty reserved until I get a drink or two in me, so this is where I need your guys' help. (Of course, too much alcohol in my system and I start pissing in bathtubs and getting into arguments with parked cars <_< )

Any ideas?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm tired of having to drink 3-4 beers or these Bacardi cooler things in order to get a half decent buzz. On the other hand, I cannot stand the taste of alcohol. So I need some help finding an alcoholic beverage that 1) packs more of a punch than beer, 2) does a good job of covering up the alchohol taste, and 3) is 'manly' enough to order when I'm out. 

Now that I'm single again, I want to start easing back into the social scene. I'm typically pretty reserved until I get a drink or two in me, so this is where I need your guys' help. (Of course, too much alcohol in my system and I start pissing in bathtubs and getting into arguments with parked cars  <_<  ) 

Any ideas?

275616[/snapback]

Stoli and 7.

Like water, and hammers you good.

Now that I'm single again, I want to start easing back into the social scene. I'm typically pretty reserved until I get a drink or two in me, so this is where I need your guys' help. (Of course, too much alcohol in my system and I start pissing in bathtubs and getting into arguments with parked cars  <_<  ) 

Any ideas?

275616[/snapback]

A long island ice tea, made correctly, has more alchol than anything besides grain alcohol (and again, made correctly) tastes little to nothing like alcohol.

And if that's not your thing, gatorade and a good vodka... (I prefer Iceberg).

Any ideas?

275616[/snapback]

Absolut & Tonic with a twist....just like sprite....

How about learning to open up without relying on chemicals to do so?

CW

275621[/snapback]

He mentioned nothing about going to a Star Wars convention.

Come on, many people STILL meet at a bar, and it's always easier to start a conversation with someone you may like and otherwise wouldn't have spoken to, with a couple drinks in ya.

Jagerbombs are always great, or, try mixin a shot of goldschlagger in with some apple cider...tastes like cinammon apple, and goldschlagger packs a wallop, and you really cant taste the alcohol...

Damn, you guys are good!

275627[/snapback]

I just tried the vodka and gatorade for the fist time this weekend. MAN, is that good. Problem is, how many bars have gatorade (yes, this was at a bar, i guess its a popular drink there), and it doesn't look "manly", like you wanted.

it's always easier to start a conversation with someone you may like and otherwise wouldn't have spoken to, with a couple drinks in ya.

275625[/snapback]

that's what i tell myself every morning as i down a flask of JD and wander into work........ <_<

Stoli and 7.

Like water, and hammers you good.

275617[/snapback]

The best shot to have is a Rocky Mountain Mother F'er. It messes you up and taste like candy. What is in it is Southern Comfort, Amaretto and lime juice. A few of those and you are rocked. Good shot for when you are at the bar talking to a lady and she wants to do a shot. <_<

He mentioned nothing about going to a Star Wars convention.

Come on, many people STILL meet at a bar, and it's always easier to start a conversation with someone you may like and otherwise wouldn't have spoken to, with a couple drinks in ya.

275625[/snapback]

Sorry, I see a major problem if you need to be intoxicated before you can talk to someone. That's one of the signs of chemical dependency.

Meeting people at a bar is one thing, but when someone says, "I need something stronger than beer before I can talk to someone," then I think they may have an anxiety problem and/or alchohol problem and should probably get help (or at least look into the issue) for it. It's nothing against the OP; I'm just saying that it's something he may want to consider as it's a very common problem that can start to spiral. Or ignore it as the case may be.

CW

Start smoking dope.

Any ideas?

275616[/snapback]

Sorry, I see a major problem if you need to be intoxicated before you can talk to someone.  That's one of the signs of chemical dependency.

Meeting people at a bar is one thing, but when someone says, "I need something stronger than beer before I can talk to someone," then I think they may have an anxiety problem and/or alchohol problem and should probably get help (or at least look into the issue) for it.  It's nothing against the OP; I'm just saying that it's something he may want to consider as it's a very common problem that can start to spiral.  Or ignore it as the case may be.

CW

275641[/snapback]

Fez, you are making way too many assumptions here.

Just drink beer, you wuss

<_<

275648[/snapback]

lol.......dammit, where's that fyou icon when I need it....