Don't answer the phone ever again

I still have a 716 number even though I haven't lived up there for at least 15 years.  It works really well for weeding out the scams and garbage calls.  Most of the time they mask the number with an area code to match yours.  So if I ever get a call from a 716 number, I know it's fake.  If I get a call from an NC area code, it pretty much always is legit, so I can answer them when I get them.

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/10/2018 at 8:19 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lately I've been getting Robocalls and my caller ID shows SPAM?  WATL  (the letters after spam are sometimes different)

Many carriers and OS's are doing that. My Pixel XL2 screen turns red and says 'suspected spam caller". You can get apps that will automatically turn down/block spam calls, or even ones that will have your phones robot talk to them and try to waste their time.

Spam calling is making a comeback... And it sucks. Putting yourself on the DNC (do not call list) just doesn't do anything anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

On my cell i have the app Hiya it blocks calls you don't want. It also has caller ID, so i can see who is calling. if a number calls and i answer it but don't want to have them call again i just block the call that number never rings into my cell again. I love it.

On 5/10/2018 at 7:19 AM, ShadyBillsFan said:

Lately I've been getting Robocalls and my caller ID shows SPAM?  WATL  (the letters after spam are sometimes different)

They also take and show other people's number.  One dude called my cellphone saying that I just called him.  I said, nope... I didn't call.  He said my number came up on his phone. I don't think he believed me. :lol:

Is that called spoofing when they assume some other number?

On 5/10/2018 at 8:39 AM, Marv's Neighbor said:

Caller ID saves me a lot! 

Remember the old police shows where they would have to "hold them on the line, so we can trace the call?"

Mine says: "Luigi's Pizza."

:P

Yes, many junk callers are spoofing numbers and I wonder if they use your number can you file for damages?

I have been getting a number of those "SPAM? WIRELESS" etc caller IDs and doubt it is Verizon since they sell SPAMMING services.

4 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

They also take and show other people's number.  One dude called my cellphone saying that I just called him.  I said, nope... I didn't call.  He said my number came up on his phone. I don't think he believed me. :lol:

Is that called spoofing when they assume some other number?

Mine says: "Luigi's Pizza."

:P

Well you're in the witness protection program, so that makes sense.

• Like (+1) 1