Later

Thanks / Thank You

Good luck

Then after you hang up:

"Douchebag!"

Not you, the other party. :P

You're welcome.

22 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

What I've noticed it that most people take so long to say goodbye.  I putting the phone down and they're still saying goodbye.  

Jim: bye

Them: well it was nice tal.............click 

If you hung up on them, how do you know?

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Depends if it’s a customer or not. Customer: talk to you later. Someone I care about gets a formal goodbye 

Remind me to never be one of your customers...  :lol:

3 hours ago, joesixpack said:

Depends if it’s a customer or not. Customer: talk to you later. Someone I care about gets a formal goodbye 

I worked with a girl who called a customer a dick while she was hanging up the phone, but she mistimed her remark and the act of hanging up so he clearly heard it....he called back and asked to speak to the head of sales.  She wasn't fired but it was a funny episode.

I don't think I've ever said or had said to me the entire word 'goodbye' at the end of a phone call. That would really weird me out...'goodbye'.

Like jesus dude, we're ending our conversation not dying of cancer. I'd settle for toodle-oo or even later gator...literally anything but 'goodbye'.

2 hours ago, KD in CA said:

I worked with a girl who called a customer a dick while she was hanging up the phone, but she mistimed her remark and the act of hanging up so he clearly heard it....he called back and asked to speak to the head of sales.  She wasn't fired but it was a funny episode.

So he went out of his way to validate her claim.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, KD in CA said:

At work... Years ago, old intercom/PA system.  I call to the other guy on intercom. But, went to PA.  It used to beep when connected then go hands free to via the intercom in control house, office, etc... Wherever you were calling. Except I was on PA.

I am like: "Get these !@#$ing drunk ass holes out of here before somebody gets killed."

:lol: They were all boating under the influence, it was early morning... But man did it echo through the place!  They were hammered anyway... What do they remember. :lol: