Easily Offended Snowflakes, vol. 138

On 5/6/2018 at 5:56 PM, Your Brown Eye said:

Parents were "horrified" over this simple courtesy note?

I can think of about a bajillion other things to be "horrified" over before this

I'm thinking if something of this nature "horrifies" them, maybe they may not be cut out for parenting.

Edited by RaoulDuke79

51 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Learn your Muppets too you sonuvabitch!!!

12063974.jpg

23 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

When I become Emperor, people who improperly use the term "horrified" will be subjected to horrific punishment.

When I become Emperor, people who say would of get the lightning

force-lightning-gif-5.gif

20 hours ago, /dev/null said:

When I become Emperor, people who say would of get the lightning

21 hours ago, KD in CA said:

When I become Emperor, people who improperly use the term "horrified" will be subjected to horrific punishment.

Let the quest begin!

marvel-avengers-infinity-war-infinity-ga

On 5/6/2018 at 12:17 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah... People are just out of control.  Well, it seems more and more.

I wonder what it is? ;)  Seems so many simply don't follow rules. Heck, probably don't know rules exist.  Insane what goes on out there.  I never cease to be amazed... Yet, that's easy to do. :lol:

Common civility seems to be eroding. No one gives a shite anymore. 

People should feel free to stop with the f'ing dogs everywhere! At the restaurant. At Home Depot. At Safeway. On the plane. Really necessary to tow your dog everywhere you go? I love our dogs but it's just easier to leave them at home when out doing errands or to eat.

56 minutes ago, Dante said:

Common civility seems to be eroding. No one gives a shite anymore. 

People should feel free to stop with the f'ing dogs everywhere! At the restaurant. At Home Depot. At Safeway. On the plane. Really necessary to tow your dog everywhere you go? I love our dogs but it's just easier to leave them at home when out doing errands or to eat.

Yeah!

Look at the gratuitious behavior.  It's all about "me."

No filter too.  I know we sorta disagree (we am closer to each than we may think) about politics, but our leaders aren't sending a good message. AND the in charge ain't helping w/his no filter antics. People are following what the leaders do.  It's "their turn in power" now and they will say anything to get ahead.

I mean... It's not helping.  Why I pushed for staus win over demagoguery.

I just had a guy in a small boat go ape shiest all over me last weekend @ work.  He wanted immediate service, but lock was turned back the other ways, boats going both ways.  Nothing I could do! He even went off that I must have voted for "Obama"... What the heck does that even mean? 60 something old white guy... Him and his wife, two lard azzes and starts bitching about his diabetes. Maybe it was his blood sugar getting all crazy. But, he's out on boat, should be prepared.  I said I can call Coast Guard, 911 if he is having a diabetic emergency. Oh, I lied to him with a straight face and said I voted for Trump. :P He didn't know what to say.  It's not like 10 of the 13 guys @ my work didn't vote for Trump... They did!  Was he just pissed because he thought voting for No-Filter Leader was gonna give him a helicopter to fly over the dam?

And no... Not blaming our Prez., (Actually my boss) but he most certainly isn't helping.

People can't just turn civility on after the election.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

It's awkward that they hand out the sign.

Just put it up front or a small sign on the table. Like a restaurant normally does.

Yeah, awkward... But don't do it and get a big eff you as Jr. runs nuts through establishment. 

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Idc, it'd offend me, at least for a short time before I got over it. 

How dare you insinuate I can't control my child!!!

source.gif

Just don't control TOO much, don't get ticky tacky. :P

"If you don't sit on this chair straight 
I'll take this belt from around my waist and don't think that I won't use it!"

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah, awkward... But don't do it and get a big eff you as Jr. runs nuts through establishment. 

Just don't control TOO much, don't get ticky tacky. :P

"If you don't sit on this chair straight 
I'll take this belt from around my waist and don't think that I won't use it!"

You're right about not getting "ticky tacky," but that is subjective.

Anyways, I can still understand why one might get offended. Heck, I don't get the big deal about going to a different restaurant, either. The next place where they don't single people with keeds out probably has food that is just as good.

2 minutes ago, Paulus said:

You're right about not getting "ticky tacky," but that is subjective.

Anyways, I can still understand why one might get offended. Heck, I don't get the big deal about going to a different restaurant, either. The next place where they don't single people with keeds out probably has food that is just as good.

How many Nepalese restaurants are there?

:D

It's London I think... So maybe more than one?

10 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

How many Nepalese restaurants are there?

:D

It's London I think... So maybe more than one?

Who knows? I will say that this whole thing does not rate a "news story." This story is effectively propaganda. 

"Man offended at what some might see as a minor slight! Leaves restaurant..."

Really, the fact some editor allowed this to be published is the most offensive part of it all.

4 minutes ago, Paulus said:

Who knows? I will say that this whole thing does not rate a "news story." This story is effectively propaganda. 

"Man offended at what some might see as a minor slight! Leaves restaurant..."

Really, the fact some editor allowed this to be published is the most offensive part of it all.

Yeah.

But it gets people talking about how to behave in public, no?

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah.

But it gets people talking about how to behave in public, no?

Agreed, to an extent. I mean, this post probably will get more reactions, view, thoughts than a lot of "hard news." As a result, your point is shewn. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah!

Look at the gratuitious behavior.  It's all about "me."

No filter too.  I know we sorta disagree (we am closer to each than we may think) about politics, but our leaders aren't sending a good message. AND the in charge ain't helping w/his no filter antics. People are following what the leaders do.  It's "their turn in power" now and they will say anything to get ahead.

I mean... It's not helping.  Why I pushed for staus win over demagoguery.

I just had a guy in a small boat go ape shiest all over me last weekend @ work.  He wanted immediate service, but lock was turned back the other ways, boats going both ways.  Nothing I could do! He even went off that I must have voted for "Obama"... What the heck does that even mean? 60 something old white guy... Him and his wife, two lard azzes and starts bitching about his diabetes. Maybe it was his blood sugar getting all crazy. But, he's out on boat, should be prepared.  I said I can call Coast Guard, 911 if he is having a diabetic emergency. Oh, I lied to him with a straight face and said I voted for Trump. :P He didn't know what to say.  It's not like 10 of the 13 guys @ my work didn't vote for Trump... They did!  Was he just pissed because he thought voting for No-Filter Leader was gonna give him a helicopter to fly over the dam?

And no... Not blaming our Prez., (Actually my boss) but he most certainly isn't helping.

People can't just turn civility on after the election.

I think it took a turn for the worse long before the Donald. I don't really look at politics as a huge contributing factor but maybe that's just my perspective coming through. One thing that's has been in the back of my mind (related to the Trump thing) for a while is how lawless our own government has been over the last few decades. Why should I be civil if the top guys feel they don't have to play by the rules? Maybe a stretch I don't know.

Maybe is the lude, anything goes pop culture the last 20 years or so?

But really it has to be all about upbringing. The helicopter, "not my kid"  parents turned an entire generation into narcissistic douche bags? My gut tells me this is probably a bigger reason. 

26 minutes ago, Dante said:

I think it took a turn for the worse long before the Donald. I don't really look at politics as a huge contributing factor but maybe that's just my perspective coming through. One thing that's has been in the back of my mind (related to the Trump thing) for a while is how lawless our own government has been over the last few decades. Why should I be civil if the top guys feel they don't have to play by the rules? Maybe a stretch I don't know.

Maybe is the lude, anything goes pop culture the last 20 years or so?

But really it has to be all about upbringing. The helicopter, "not my kid"  parents turned an entire generation into narcissistic douche bags? My gut tells me this is probably a bigger reason. 

Yeah... I agree. BUT what is say a guy like Trump doing?  Throwing gas on the fire and acting just as lawless.

Set a good example.  Show decorum, professionalism... Believe me, I am blue collar guy behind the blue firewall... He can speak to my populist ways... But NOT if he is amoral.

Just because others have done bad things, you don't double them up.  You tone down rhetoric and lead by example, not even worse fiat.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois