TD Cheapshots

BillsNYC

Hey....least we know its REALLY TD writing these! :lol:

'Pat Williams was offered a contract last summer during training camp. At that time his agent had numbers that were not realistic and our feeling is that the agent oversold the deal to Pat and boxed himself into a corner. '

'Doug Flutie provided some exciting moments in our franchise history that our fans will always remember and we have great admiration for him and his career, but we have never seen him as a mentor.'

'May I also remind you that ESPN said last week that we were on the verge of signing Floyd Womack. The best advice we can give you is don't always believe what you read. '

'The media wants us to sign someone every week and that is just not realistic'

Hey....least we know its REALLY TD writing these!  :lol:

'Pat Williams was offered a contract last summer during training camp. At that time his agent had numbers that were not realistic and our feeling is that the agent oversold the deal to Pat and boxed himself into a corner. '

'Doug Flutie provided some exciting moments in our franchise history that our fans will always remember and we have great admiration for him and his career, but we have never seen him as a mentor.'

'May I also remind you that ESPN said last week that we were on the verge of signing Floyd Womack. The best advice we can give you is don't always believe what you read. '

275093[/snapback]

TD pretty much stood his ground and didn't take no crap. He was blunt and told it how it really is! What more can we ask for?(besides O-Line help)

It's called 'candor', and TD has given us a lot of that since he's been here. I think it's pretty cool, myself.

Candor, Bluntness...etc...

That's all I meant...I love it!

275150[/snapback]

I was laughing my ass off when I read it. TD likes to make little digs at the media, greedy players, agents, and even former players who would NEVER EVER mentor a rookie, when he can.

I LOVE IT! <_<

275093[/snapback]

<_<

Say it ain't so, TD!!

[/sarcasm]

I don't know, it's kind of ridiculous how many players have left on bad terms during Donahoe's tenure.

275241[/snapback]

I guess I'd have to say...So What! TD's not a player's "buddy" like John Butler was, or like goofy owners Daniel Snyder, Jerry Jones, Jeff Laurie et al continue to be. He makes hard (some would say "cold") decisions based on dollars and cents....just like most players when they jump ship for a better FA offer somewhere else.

I don't know, it's kind of ridiculous how many players have left on bad terms during Donahoe's tenure.

275241[/snapback]

The cap is 85 Mil and you have a 53 man roster. Avg. 1.6 Mil per man.

Winfield received a 10 mil bonus from Minny and 5 Mil per year. Jennings gets a 12 Mil bonus and 5-6 Mil a year. Pat Williams gets a 6 Mil bonus and 4 Mil per year.

How many guys usually get the big $$ on each team ? About 8-12. The rest make around the average or the NFL minimum.

Look at Indy. Exciting team ? Yes but Defense wins in January and that's why they never make it to the SB. Manning gets a 34.5 Mil bonus and a 98 Mil contract. Harrison gets a huge contract and is now catching the ball less than Wayne and Stokley. Just signed the LT to a big deal and dumped DeMulling. ( How come he didn't get fair market ?? Oh, that's right, lack of cap mgmt. <_< ) Freeney and Peterson have big contracts on D. The other 9 Defensive players are basically fodder.

The result is a Defense in the bottom 5 and no chance of beating the Pats, who spread the wealth ( even though Defensive genius ( snicker) Tony Dungy is the HC)

The players who don't get the big $$ from one team will always find 2-3 teams willing to overpay. That " respect " angle from former teams doesn't wash. It's a 2 way street and they all want to be the highest paid. I could care less about their precious feeling. Screw them. It's the cap age and only so many guys get the big $$ on each roster.

I guess I'm not sure how a player choosing to leave and play elsewhere for substantially more money is "bad terms."

Outside of Bledsoe, I can't recall hearing that any former Bill is PO'ed at TD or the organization - and even Drew seemed to understand (perhaps not agree, but understand all the same) the decision to release him...

I guess I'm not sure how a player choosing to leave and play elsewhere for substantially more money is "bad terms."

Outside of Bledsoe, I can't recall hearing that any former Bill is PO'ed at TD or the organization - and even Drew seemed to understand (perhaps not agree, but understand all the same) the decision to release him...

275296[/snapback]

Christie, Holocek and Henry Jones (i believe) all voiced displeasure by their surprise releases. Holocek even went as far as to say that there is a whole lot of dishonesty with TD and the front office.

This is something that I don't like about TD. But at the end of the day, football is a business like anything else.

It's better than the way that Buttler sent the big 3 out of here.  <_<

275272[/snapback]

BUMP for Amazing Grant....

Don't you remember? Bruce Smith, Thurman Thomas, Andre Reed all let go at the same time and Thurman found out while watching the TV. :)

Christie, Holocek and Henry Jones (i believe) all voiced displeasure by their surprise releases.

275316[/snapback]

Yep, that 'ol dirty dog, TD! Still, what player that's ever been cut doesn't say the same thing while emotions are running high? No one likes to get fired.

Hey....least we know its REALLY TD writing these!  :D

'Doug Flutie...we have never seen him as a mentor.'

:lol:

Just proves that Donahoe has been walking around with his eyes closed for the last 4 years :D ...Thanks Tom, for confirming what I've been saying all along ! :D

Hey....least we know its REALLY TD writing these!  :D

275093[/snapback]

Oh man why leave out the Jonas Jennings saga? Everything he said there was the truth.

I suppose you think that it would be better to cut Henry if we can't trade him at all.

:lol:

Hey....least we know its REALLY TD writing these!  :lol:

275093[/snapback]

My cheapshot meter hasn't moved off of zero. Nothing cheap about these quotes. It's called being honest.