OT - Another Preacher busted

aussiew

A preacher in the Dallas area was busted yesterday for alleged sexual misconduct. Now more women are coming forward. The stories are flying and it's also rumored that he is (or was) the spiritual advisor for the Dallas Cowboys. :P:P;)

"Birds of a feather, flock together" :lol:

A preacher in the Dallas area was busted yesterday for alleged sexual misconduct. Now more women are coming forward. The stories are flying and it's also rumored that he is (or was) the spiritual advisor for the Dallas Cowboys.  :P  :P  ;)

"Birds of a feather, flock together"  :lol:

275049[/snapback]

At least he was doing it to women instead of boys....

(I can find the silver lining in anything! :lol: )

CW

At least he was doing it to women instead of boys....

(I can find the silver lining in anything! :P )

CW

275052[/snapback]

Except that two of the "women" were underage. :P

Quote from today's paper: "Mr. Hornbuckle started Victory Temple Bible Church in 1986 with 15 members in an abandoned Dairy Queen." :lol:

And people wonder why some of us chose not to join organized religion.

<_<

275121[/snapback]

this had nothing to do with my reason for not being interested in religion

however in hindsight, all these things add up for more reasons to not get involved

"Hornbuckle". Interesting play on words there. 

This morning I heard that they found Viagara, Meth and Herpes medication in his car.

275112[/snapback]

What man doesnt have that exact same medication in his car, medicine cabinet and nightstand? Jeeesh, the hypocrisy...

Two or three years ago a pastor in our conference of the United Methodist Church was found to have had a relationship with an underage girl in the church he was pastoring. He was removed from the pastorate, forced to give up his credentials and ended up in prison. I can't say we're perfect, but we don't mess around with some things at least.

Obviously I have chosen to be involved with "organized religion." I know there are bad apples in organized religion, but despite those bad apples, I believe the reasons for being involved in organized Christianity outweigh the reasons for avoiding it. There are bad apples in government too, but if you tried to have a country without a government, you would not be very successful.

And people wonder why some of us chose not to join organized religion.

<_<

275121[/snapback]

Ahh yes it must be religion that causes this problem. No school janitors, dancing rock stars with lots of plastic surgery, etc... ever do this.

You think individuals should be responsible for their actions and not blame it on anyone else or another group? :)

Ahh yes it must be religion that causes this problem.  No school janitors, dancing rock stars with lots of plastic surgery, etc... ever do this. 

You think individuals should be responsible for their actions and not blame it on anyone else or another group?  <_<

275347[/snapback]

The janitors union probably doesn't do much to cover up this behavior - nor do janitors have the status of "God broker."

Two or three years ago a pastor in our conference of the United Methodist Church was found to have had a relationship with an underage girl in the church he was pastoring.  He was removed from the pastorate, forced to give up his credentials and ended up in prison.  I can't say we're perfect, but we don't mess around with some things at least.

Obviously I have chosen to be involved with "organized religion."  I know there are bad apples in organized religion, but despite those bad apples, I believe the reasons for being involved in orgfanized Christianity outweigh the reasons for avoiding it.  There are bad apples in government too, but if you tried to have a country without a government, you would not be very successful.

275342[/snapback]

You know TigerJ, you're a good shepherd. I don't know how you muster the patience. Hard as I try, my first thought is always a dark one, and were I to respond with that emotion (which I'm prone to), it would not compare to the thoughtful responses you provide on a regular basis.

You know TigerJ, you're a good shepherd. I don't know how you muster the patience. Hard as I try, my first thought is always a dark one, and were I to respond with that emotion (which I'm prone to), it would not compare to the thoughtful responses you provide on a regular basis.

275391[/snapback]

The power of the darkside is intoxicating. Plus we have cool helmets. Come on over!