Jeff Gannon: White House press room scandal?

And why I mentioned a REPUBLICAN attack machine in my initial response.

But we are all just "partisan hacks" jerking off to those "perfect" Republicans.

Whatever.

And whats even MORE funny is that this thread was a pretty good debate of the issue and what we all think about it until GENE stepped in and told Bishop to take his ball and go home. So in essense, the guy that killed the thread is the same person who is bitching that threads around here die too often!

Priceless.

277446[/snapback]

Yes, of course, I'm obviously ignoring a great deal of wonderful insight

It didnt gain steam because its a bull sh-- story.

When there is as much dirty laundry behind the reporting of a story as there is behind the story itself, then its typically ignored.

275265[/snapback]

My bad :w00t:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Ken's a big fan of the current President.  Which is why he ran against him this past election.  Try again.

277423[/snapback]

Such a simple concept, but so difficult for some to grasp.

Why would he have to pay?  The majority of them report exactly what the Left wants during the course of their "coverage."

277425[/snapback]

What, you mean like the New York Times 'article' on Wolfowitz yesterday?

Despite the displeasure of some diplomats who had hoped that the administration would appoint a person without the almost radioactive reputation of a committed ideologue, they said that they expected Mr. Wolfowitz to receive the approval of the World Bank's board of directors in time for Mr. Wolfensohn's departure in May.

And, of course, the countless pictures of Caribou in the ANWR stories on cnn.com.

White House Press Conference:

Link

Elisabeth.

Q Paul Wolfowitz, who was the -- a chief architect of one of the most unpopular wars in our history --

THE PRESIDENT: (Laughter.) That's an interesting start. (Laughter.)

Q -- is your choice to be the President of the World Bank. What kind of signal does that send to the rest of the world?

THE PRESIDENT: First of all, I think people -- I appreciate the world leaders taking my phone calls as I explained to them why I think Paul will be a strong President of the World Bank. I've said he's a man of good experiences. He helped manage a large organization. The World Bank is a large organization; the Pentagon is a large organization -- he's been involved in the management of that organization. He's a skilled diplomat, worked at the State Department in high positions. He was Ambassador to Indonesia where he did a very good job representing our country. And Paul is committed to development. He's a compassionate, decent man who will do a fine job in the World Bank. And that's why I called leaders of countries and that's why I put him up.

Good thing we have those objective reporters from the New York Times around.

"And, of course, the countless pictures of Caribou in the ANWR stories on cnn.com."

Of course how insidious and biased of CNN.

We all know there's no caribou in Alaska! They faked those shots somewhere on a soundstage backlot at Universal Studios.

How dare they make up news like that!

You can blame "Gannongate" on me. It was my newspaper that called on Rep. Louise Slaughter to launch the investigation.

You can read our open letter here: Open Letter

278891[/snapback]

There's a lot of folks who are taking credit for pushing local congress gal Louise Slaughter to the forefront in Gannon Gate. Staba and Hudson at the Niagara Falls Reporter have been taking credit for the last month.

"And, of course, the countless pictures of Caribou in the ANWR stories on cnn.com."

Of course how insidious and biased of CNN.

We all know there's no caribou in Alaska! They faked those shots somewhere on a soundstage backlot at Universal Studios.

How dare they make up news like that!

279196[/snapback]

"The Alaska Fish and Game Depart ment just did a study on the porcupine caribou in Prudhoe Bay. The size of the herds has increased since 1969 by 35 percent. The pipeline area is a protected designation and the caribou have figured this out. They have migrated into this area for protection," Lawler said. (http://www.pushhamburger.com/hidden.htm)

"The Alaska Fish and Game Depart ment just did a study on the porcupine caribou in Prudhoe Bay. The size of the herds has increased since 1969 by 35 percent. The pipeline area is a protected designation and the caribou have figured this out. They have migrated into this area for protection," Lawler said. (http://www.pushhamburger.com/hidden.htm)

279208[/snapback]

So CNN should be criticized for putting pictures of these thriving herds on their website? Gotcha.

Who goes to the CNN website anyway? Hell, who goes to the Fox News website for that matter? With the vast array of information and solid reporting out there it's sad to think that most people still feel it comes down to a choice between coke and pepsi.

So CNN should be criticized for putting pictures of these thriving herds on their website? Gotcha.

Who goes to the CNN website anyway? Hell, who goes to the Fox News website for that matter? With the vast array of information and solid reporting out there it's sad to think that most people still feel it comes down to a choice between coke and pepsi.

279223[/snapback]

Except they aren't telling THAT side of the story. But rant on blindly as if you're their keeper.

Your question is silly. Who goes to those websites/channels for news? MILLIONS of people. Hence the reason so many continue to repeat the same ridiculous half truths ad nauseum.

So CNN should be criticized for putting pictures of these thriving herds on their website?

279223[/snapback]

YES !!! Because the only reason CNN is doing that is to tug at the heart strings of those who might make the connection that drilling for oil in Alaska would be "bad" for caribou. The results of the study that I found showed the exact OPPOSITE is what happened in reality.

279223[/snapback]

Yes, they should be criticized because they aren't showing the areas that will be developed. The implication on their website is that the caribou will somehow be affected by the drilling - as if the choice is somehow between caribou and oil.

Who goes to the CNN website anyway?
Lots and lots of people.

Hence the reason so many continue to repeat the same ridiculous half truths ad nauseum.

279231[/snapback]

Bishop Hedd is a perfect example of why CNN does stuff like this. They know that people are either to dumb or too lazy to find the truth and will believe anything that they see and/or hear.

Except they aren't telling THAT side of the story.  But rant on blindly as if you're their keeper.

Your question is silly.  Who goes to those websites/channels for news?  MILLIONS of people.  Hence the reason so many continue to repeat the same ridiculous half truths ad nauseum.

279231[/snapback]

Actually I can't believe anyone here would......no wait a second just looking at this board over the last week or so I can believe it.

I retract my previous statement.

Actually I can't believe anyone here would......no wait a second just looking at this board over the last week or so I can believe it.

I retract my previous statement.

279250[/snapback]

Judging from your political takes, you fit the bill as well as any here.

YES !!!  Because the only reason CNN is doing that is to tug at the heart strings of those who might make the connection that drilling for oil in Alaska would be "bad" for caribou.  The results of the study that I found showed the exact OPPOSITE is what happened in reality.

279234[/snapback]

So what you think they should be showing instead is pictures of big oil rigs and long pipelines drilling for what interior secretary Gale Norton says are "a gazillion barrels" that will solve all are energy problems for the next 1000 years.

And no, of course THAT wouldn't be biased would it?

Gotcha.

So what you think they should be showing instead is pictures of big oil rigs and long pipelines drilling for what interior secretary Gale Norton says are "a gazillion barrels" that will solve all are energy problems for the next 1000 years.

And no, of course THAT wouldn't be biased would it?

Gotcha.

279257[/snapback]

This seems like a crazy idea, but please try to follow. How about showing pictures of where they are acutally going to be doing the drilling, instead of a place several hundred miles from that location? I know it is a crazy idea, but it just might work.

Yes, they should be criticized because they aren't showing the areas that will be developed.  The implication on their website is that the caribou will somehow be affected by the drilling - as if the choice is somehow between caribou and oil.

Lots and lots of people.

279237[/snapback]

"lots and lots of people"

Obviously.

I guess what is missed here by assorted posters is an understanding that I was being rhetorical.

Please note what I stated originally:

"With the vast array of information and solid reporting out there it's sad to think that MOST people still feel it comes down to a choice between coke and pepsi."

While the mainstream media completely skirted around the "Gannon" story it's good to see our finest cartoonists still haven't let up on this funny Bush/McClellan faux pas.

http://www.workingforchange.com/comic.cfm?itemid=18761

http://www.doonesbury.com/strip/dailydose/...l_date=20050322

http://www.ucomics.com/tomtoles/2005/03/16/