2019 Mock Drafts and top prospects

thunderingsquid

21 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I was inspired by @thunderingsquid so here it is (with the disclaimer that I have no idea on the value of some of these guys). Leo Lewis is one of my favorite picks and in hindsight I might have done some things differently. Anyways:

8: R1P8

CB GREEDY WILLIAMS
LSU
40: R2P8

WR N'KEAL HARRY
ARIZONA STATE
71: R3P7

WR DEEBO SAMUEL
SOUTH CAROLINA
110: R4P8

RB BRYCE LOVE
STANFORD
133: R4P31

TE JACE STERNBERGER
TEXAS A&M
147: R5P8

EDGE LEO LEWIS
MISSISSIPPI ST
168: R5P29

DARRYL WILLIAMS
MISSISSIPPI ST
183: R6P8

LB T.J. EDWARDS
WISCONSIN
224: R7P8

JORDAN FULLER
OHIO ST
239: R7P23

JAKE HANSON
OREGON

Lots of weapons indeed. I’d hope we went heavy on OLine in FA, which I think we will see. 

45 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Looks great but I have a feeling Brown will be gone in the top half of the 2nd round.    Or are those your top 4 with a tie for fourth?  :D

By the way, do we really have two 4th rounders?  Tankathon.com has us with just 2 5ths and two 7ths.  

My non-Fanspeak mock:

1st:  Little OT

2nd: Tillery DT

3rd:  Samuel WR

4th:  Scharping OT/G

5th:  Arnette CB

5th:  Banogu OLB

This is what I got on difficult:

#9.) Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

#41.) Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

3.) Elgton Jenkins, OL, Mississippi State

4.) Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

4.) Michael Deiter, OL, Wisconsin

5.) Michael Jordan, OL, OSU

This thing is too easy lol.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

This is what I got on difficult:

#9.) Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

#41.) Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

3.) Elgton Jenkins, OL, Mississippi State

4.) Caleb Wilson, TE, UCLA

4.) Michael Deiter, OL, Wisconsin

5.) Michael Jordan, OL, OSU

This thing is too easy lol.

That's a peach!  

• Haha (+1) 1

After doing multiple mocks on Fanspeak and after reading through multiple mocks on here, I think there are two names we're going to hear over and over again. If we go offense I think it'll be Jonah Williams. If we go defense I think it'll be Greedy Williams. I think I'd go for defense with that first pick and spend the rest of the draft on offense. Greedy Williams paired up with Tredavious White would give us two shutdown corners, I think our defense could go up another notch.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Dwayne Haskins up to 11 on Kiper’s big board.

Good! Push more QB’s up so we get our guy to drop to us! That is probably the one position we won’t touch in the first. For the right talent and value, almost anything else should be considered. 

On 11/26/2018 at 6:33 AM, JohnC said:

If you add Bama's Jona Williams to the mix and then do what you suggest in adding to two  free agents to the unit you not only are building a good line but also depth. Look what happened with Jacksonville and their mounting injuries on the line? Their depleted line was being overwhelmed with the combo of Hughes/Williams. 

I don't see Miller returning next year. He seems to be in the McDermott doghouse. After a penalty that cost us a first down he was taken out and replaced by Groy. He didn't return after that. 

With a season under his belt Josh Allen should be able to more quickly make his reads and be more decisive in releasing the ball. That in itself should elevate the play of the line. An example of the opposite notion is Bortles's atrocious play. When your qb can't throw the ball down field it creates a tremendous amount of pressure for the OL playing in a one-dimensional offense. 

We have a QB that can put the ball ANYWHERE on the field on a frozen rope........to include deep throws.....

Protection has to hold up to do that....also if we want Josh Allen to be more of a pocket passer....he needs a consistant pocket to pass from and not take a hit every time he stands in and throws (like on last week's Foster throw)

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

We have a QB that can put the ball ANYWHERE on the field on a frozen rope........to include deep throws.....

Protection has to hold up to do that....also if we want Josh Allen to be more of a pocket passer....he needs a consistant pocket to pass from and not take a hit every time he stands in and throws (like on last week's Foster throw)

I agree with everything you said but let me add that with a bolstered line enhancing the running game Allen will be even more effective. He's not really a west coast passer but more of a play action type down the field passer. A credible running game makes him even more of a threat as a passer. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

D.K. Metcalf is best WR prospect since Julio Jones.  He needs to be a Bill.  The damage Allen could do with a guy like that...it makes me smile thinking about it.

I'm going to talk up DeKaylin all the way to the night of the draft.  He's that damn good!

im with ya , but i still want Jonah Williams. If we can get both i would be ecstatic. Somehow in the mix l want DE Zach Allen too

5 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

D.K. Metcalf is best WR prospect since Julio Jones.  He needs to be a Bill.  The damage Allen could do with a guy like that...it makes me smile thinking about it.

I'm going to talk up DeKaylin all the way to the night of the draft.  He's that damn good!

It is insane that most site have a 2-4 round grade on him, not to mention having him as the THIRD BEST OLE MISS WR on some sites.  

I've seen him ranked ouside the top 10 WRs in this draft too.

Ridiculous.  

We could get him in the 2nd if we see a lot of QBs go.  

Michael Irvin and I want to know how his push-off move is.  Would love to see him burn Gilmore twice a season.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.