TD answer 10 fan questions over at Bills site

Forgive me if this has already been posted about since it went up late this afternoon and I just missed the thread, but over on the Bills Official website fans submitted questions 10 of which were picked at random (allegedly) for TD to answer.

While there is plenty of pablum there, his answers contained some stuff I hadn't heard him sa before (whether we suspected it or not).

Pieces that caught my eye were:

1. He continues to work to pump up the offers for Henry but made some new noises which go beyond the we would love to have him back by actually saying that given the offers received to date they expect to have him back unless they get better offers (which based on the scuttlebutt do not seem to be forthcoming unless someone panics in the draft).

2. He pretty specifically blames Phat Pat's agent for over-estomatomg PW's worth and not getting a deal done since the Bill's wanted him and PW wanted to come back. I wonder who PW's agent is and whether he represents other Bills because negotiations between the two parties are going to be less than even pretend pleasant.

3. TD went into some detail defending Lindell's improved performance as a kicker in 2004 over 2003 and said flat-out he expects this improvement to continue under Bobby April in 2005. Any fans of Nigent out there maybe better change your shirts and stickers to Ted Nugent.

4. For Flutie fans he said after praising Dougie that Flutie is not the mentor type and that Holcomb and Wyche are folks to guide JP.

5. He answered a couple of questions about the OL by citing yardage gained and sacks reduced numbers to say we were pleased with the work done by the guys on the roster. He said they were not gonna do a double digit signing bonus and that Jj had passed on a significant offer they made him and that they were excited about some prospects in the draft on the OL.

6. He says the docs say both Euhus and Campbell should be at full speed by pre-season.

Certainly some of this is market spin but I found it interesting

I have my problems with TD from time to time, but I will say, I like the fact that he seems to be very forthright, and rarely talks in football cliches'. His answer to the Flutie question is a perfect example. He recognizes Fluties popularity in Buffalo, and then says, "we don't see him as the mentoring type" which says quite a bit about TD's impression of Flutie. At this point, no team would seriously consider signing Flutie as anything other than a back-up/mentor type...

All that being said, I still think TD is full of schizit! :lol:

2. He pretty specifically blames Phat Pat's agent for over-estomatomg PW's worth

274726[/snapback]

over-WHA?? That is the mother of all typos, bro..... :lol:

2. He pretty specifically blames Phat Pat's agent for over-estomatomg PW's worth and not getting a deal done since the Bill's wanted him and PW wanted to come back.  I wonder who PW's agent is and whether he represents other Bills because negotiations between the two parties are going to be less than even pretend pleasant.

274726[/snapback]

But Pat's agent got it right - he did get alot of cash! Just that the bills werent wiling to pay it.

Bills offered Pat Williams 3 yrs extension for $11 million w/ $4 million sb with no decrease in his 2004 salary. It would have been an additional $1 million cap hit on 2004. Then the salaries for 2005-2007 would have totalled $7 million

His deal with Minnesota, 3 yrs-$13 million with $6 million in guarantees and $2 million in incentives

Salaries

2005 1400000.00

2006 2400000.00

2007 2650000.00

Add the salaries up and you get $6.45 million ($550,000 less than the Bills offer)

Big Pat moved on for an extra $2 million upfront, but less in the way of salary.

I do not know if the Bills offered incentives last yr or not.

Tell me he wanted to stay again and I'll sell ya the Peace Bridge cheap

Didn't Jonas say that he was never offered a contract? Someone is full of crapola.

5. He answered a couple of questions about the OL by citing yardage gained and sacks reduced numbers to say we were pleased with the work done by the guys on the roster. He said they were not gonna do a double digit signing bonus and that Jj had passed on a significant offer they made him and that they were excited about some prospects in the draft on the OL.

274726[/snapback]

Bills offered Pat Williams 3 yrs extension for $11 million w/ $4 million sb with no decrease in his 2004 salary. It would have been an additional $1 million cap hit on 2004. Then the salaries for 2005-2007 would have totalled $7 million

His deal with Minnesota, 3 yrs-$13 million with $6 million in guarantees and $2 million in incentives

Salaries

2005 1400000.00

2006 2400000.00

2007 2650000.00

Add the salaries up and you get $6.45 million ($550,000 less than the Bills offer)

Big Pat moved on for an extra $2 million upfront, but less in the way of salary.

I do not know if the Bills offered incentives last yr or not.

Tell me he wanted to stay again and I'll sell ya the Peace Bridge cheap

274837[/snapback]

then why did he come back to the bills with the vikes offer and they turned it down? he wanted to come back, and the bills rejected him.........the contract with the vikes was better then what the bills offered and he made the right decision.......TD needs to take some blame for his shoddy handling of the negioations.......if he handled it respectfully, big pat would be a bill in '05.........

then why did he come back to the bills with the vikes offer and they turned it down? he wanted to come back, and the bills rejected him.........the contract with the vikes was better then what the bills offered and he made the right decision.......TD needs to take some blame for his shoddy handling of the negioations.......if he handled it respectfully, big pat would be a bill in '05.........

274883[/snapback]

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I never once heard Fat Pat came ot the Bisll with the Vikes' offer.

I believe Clumps' numbers are right, by the way.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I never once heard Fat Pat came ot the Bisll with the Vikes' offer.

I believe Clumps' numbers are right, by the way.

275026[/snapback]

"Buffalo offered Williams a three-year deal last summer, but the guaranteed bonus was $2million less than he received from Minnesota. Wright contacted the Bills Wednesday.

"It was obvious they weren't going to be a player," Wright said. "We're over being disappointed."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...370/1007/SPORTS

"Buffalo offered Williams a three-year deal last summer, but the guaranteed bonus was $2million less than he received from Minnesota. Wright contacted the Bills Wednesday.

"It was obvious they weren't going to be a player," Wright said. "We're over being disappointed."

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...370/1007/SPORTS

275084[/snapback]

You're kidding, right? Wright contacted the Bills on Wednesday and WHAT? Told them about the contract? Ordered a t-shirt? Questioned them about what happened to the fried bolonga concesssion? And then what happened? He didn't get a callback? Or did he get a call back and the offer was refused? Didn't see him explain that. How long did he wait for a return call? Don't believe he explains that. In fact, I don't believe he explains a damn thing.

All of this based on an agent speaking out and culminating the conversation with "it was obvious they weren't going to be player." And why is that again? Because he contacted the Bills. Any more details than that? No. And what do we surmise from this:

In your words: TD needs to take some blame for his shoddy handling of the negioations.......if he handled it respectfully, big pat would be a bill in '05.........

Even John Kerry came up with a bit better substance. Please try harder or come up with a better story.

It sounds to me like there was a dispute between PW's agent and TD over which contract actually provided more money to PW. The reported offers and the actual contract signed are close enough that this may be the case.

If the Bills offered a larger contract overall but did not gurantee the out years the PW would have to choose between the a gamble that he is going to last the whole contract or take the bird in the hand of more money upfront.

I can see TD getting ticked at the agent and feel that the agent did not serve PW's interests if TD said to PW we will take care of you with an injury settlement if you are hurt and the agent arguing that by taking more money up fron you can take care of yourself.

Perhaps TD is right that the agent painted himself into a corner so that he had to argue for getting money upfront and could not argue for trusting the Bills (probably not a good idea actually because push comes to shove they are a business). Perhaps the agent was right to argue that money in the pocket is money in the pocket.

However, it seems to me that TD does seem to feel a little personally dissed by the agent.

You're kidding, right? Wright contacted the Bills on Wednesday and WHAT? Told them about the contract? Ordered a t-shirt? Questioned them about what happened to the fried bolonga concesssion? And then what happened? He didn't get a callback? Or did he get a call back and the offer was refused? Didn't see him explain that. How long did he wait for a return call? Don't believe he explains that. In fact, I don't believe he explains a damn thing.

All of this based on an agent speaking out and culminating the conversation with "it was obvious they weren't going to be player." And why is that again? Because he contacted the Bills. Any more details than that? No. And what do we surmise from this:

In your words: TD needs to take some blame for his shoddy handling of the negioations.......if he handled it respectfully, big pat would be a bill in '05.........

Even John Kerry came up with a bit better substance. Please try harder or come up with a better story.

275101[/snapback]

there were other links, but i really don't feel like digging up old news.......wright contacted the bills to give him the opportunity to match the offer (which, by the way, was the first contract made because the bills wouldn't talk to wright)........the bills choose not to match the offer.......