Position Group Ranking Post-draft

Here is my top to bottom list of position groups.  I think WR has the most potential to improve without adding new people.  Benjamin when healthy can dominate and Zay may break out - though just as likely to wash out.  Collectively I think we have the worst group of linebackers in the NFL.  Edmunds looks like he could be a star but not at age 20.  I still think John Miller has a shot at winning the RG spot and a new OC could get this whole group playing better.  I hate the age of the backs but Shady is still a top 4 talent on this team.  

S

CB/Nickel

DT

QB

DE

RB

P/PK/LS

OT

TE

WR

C/G

MLB

OLB

17 hours ago, NewEra said:

QB is better than RB? Lol.  

And edmunds is likely our MLB.  We start 1 and he’s a monster.  It’s not our 2nd worst unit

It's the whole group.  

Shady is heading to 30 and Ivory was garbage last two years - 3.4 YPA.  DiMarco is terrible.  But I see your point.  At least Shady has produced.  

Edmunds will start but he is a rookie and there is no back-up.  

Shady is an all pro.  30 or not.  Ivory is a solid backup. Allen has done nothing. Mccarron has done nothing.  Peterman has done less than nothing.  

So the rookie edmunds doesn’t really count because he’s a rookie.....but the rookie allen and mccarron are better than 2 proven RBs?  Doesn’t make sense

For me they have good competition at every position right now. I’m sure they will add a few more vets if they think a position is weak. We will find out how good we are when the games are played.

Let me remind you that if we did this list last year S would have been near the bottom and it ended up being our strongest unit.

The only thing we know is that this team is much more talented than last years team.

Agree with most comments above. I still put the overall group of DTs above the RB group.  If I am going to be consistent though, then I need to knock the QB group down as they have not proven anything.  I disagree with Ivory being a plus.  He is on my short list along with Lorax of veteran training camp cuts.  But Shady does not look like he will have a major drop off yet.  

If Edmunds and Milano play well, they could be a top 10 defense but just seems like a lot to ask of a 20 year old.  Anthony Barr who he has drawn comparisons to was 22.  

Revised:

S

CB/Nickel

DT

RB

DE

P/PK/LS

OT

TE

WR

QB

C/G

MLB

OLB

I'd put it like this:

S

RB

DT

CB

TE

WR

OT

G/C

OLB (Big ? outside of Milano)

Unknown:

QB (No clue how McCarron or Allen will do)

MLB (No clue how Edmunds will do)

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I'd put it like this:

S

RB

DT

CB

TE

WR

OT

G/C

OLB (Big ? outside of Milano)

Unknown:

QB (No clue how McCarron or Allen will do)

MLB (No clue how Edmunds will do)

And this is the right way of doing it guys. Take notes... You cant put QB and MLB on this list and assume they will be bad or good.. you no what happens when you all start assuming right?

Solid reply