Does Doug Whaley Get Hired This Season?

Will Doug Whaley Work In The NFL This Season?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Does Doug Whaley Get Hired This Season?

• Yes, he will get a GM position
    • Yes, he will work in the front office in some capacity (Not as GM)
    • No, he will not work in the NFL this season

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

It did?  Explain...

Between pick 19 and the Bills next selection in 2015, only one player selected was a Pro Bowler. And seeing as how 32 other players went between those picks, I doubt we would've landed the Pro Bowler.

The Sammy trade was dumb because doubling down on a WR without a QB is silly. Trading away firsts is silly. And I'm not giving Whaley a pass. It just didn't really matter all that much.

30 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Between pick 19 and the Bills next selection in 2015, only one player selected was a Pro Bowler. And seeing as how 32 other players went between those picks, I doubt we would've landed the Pro Bowler.

The Sammy trade was dumb because doubling down on a WR without a QB is silly. Trading away firsts is silly. And I'm not giving Whaley a pass. It just didn't really matter all that much.

Well if Pro Bowl players are your indicator than Whaley was a poor GM.  3 drafts, zero Pro Bowlers

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I voted in some capacity but it is depedndent on him wanting to. He had GM interviews this offseason so I am assuming that he wants to. He can go back to the Steelers pretty easily. They think highly of him.

I guarantee Whaley would have looked at the production of the QBs and NO WAY would he have traded draft capital to move up and select Josh Allen, period.

1 minute ago, the skycap said:

I guarantee Whaley would have looked at the production of the QBs and NO WAY would he have traded draft capital to move up and select Josh Allen, period.

Yet he gave up MORE to trade up for a “generational” WR who was anything but, with no QB on the roster.  Doug’s trade for Sammy was worse than the Allen deal and that’s assuming he’ll bust

1 hour ago, jmc12290 said:

They think highly of his choice in adult videos, maybe.

Ha ha, maybe that too. Those Pittsburgh guys love he ladies. You know the guy at the combine that does the 40’s? He’s all about those videos I’m sure.

Kevin Colbert is a big Whaley fan though. Obviously he is biased but he’s be welcomed back there with open arms. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yet he gave up MORE to trade up for a “generational” WR who was anything but, with no QB on the roster.  Doug’s trade for Sammy was worse than the Allen deal and that’s assuming he’ll bust

No one is saying Whaley was great, He was  on par with Donohoe, Levy, and Nix. None of which was great but at least I can open my eyes enough to see that we really overpaid Allen. Trading away picks when you don't need to is not a strategy for success but you make it seem as though the Sammy Watkins deal by Whaley is the reason we lost four Superbowls or drafted Tom Cousineau or AC Cowlings. Whaley obviously bugs you...get over it dude.

9 minutes ago, VADC Bills said:

No one is saying Whaley was great, He was  on par with Donohoe, Levy, and Nix. None of which was great but at least I can open my eyes enough to see that we really overpaid Allen. Trading away picks when you don't need to is not a strategy for success but you make it seem as though the Sammy Watkins deal by Whaley is the reason we lost four Superbowls or drafted Tom Cousineau or AC Cowlings. Whaley obviously bugs you...get over it dude.

Whaley doesn’t bug me. I think overall he was a sub par GM like Buddy Nix.  The fact the a portion of the Bills fans believe he did a good job...that’s what bother me

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

It’s funny how people try to bash Whaley and his players start all over the nfl. His 2014 team was one of the most talented ones of the last 20 years. 

my cat's digestive problem is getting better, less runniness in the box than over the last week.