Is this a smokescreen for Nugent???

You can't be serious.  Again, what would it accomplish for TD to slam Lindell who in all liklihood will remain the Bills kicker?  How does making you feel better help the Bills win games?

275029[/snapback]

Just an observation from reading TD's comments. First of all, he is not publicly going to criticize his kicker, who is currently under contract, for his lack of ability to hit from beyond 40 yards. If he did that, he would be tipping his hat that the Bills are looking for another kicker either via free agency or, more likely, the draft. Going along with the draft aspect, there are people wondering why TD didn't cut RL. Well, if you cut your kicker, you again are telling other teams that you probably will be looking for one in the draft and if there are any other teams out there looking at drafting a kicker, the Bills would be telling them that they are looking to pick one up, possibly on the first day. If TD tows the company line on RL, like he did with the answer to the 40 yd question, it might be possible that Nugent could slip to the second day of the draft and the Bills might look to pick him up at a bargain 4th or 5th rounder instead of having to invest a 2nd or 3rd on him. Just some food for thought.

TD ducked that question with worthless stats that don't get to the heart of the issue -- why didn't the coaches have faith in him from beyond 40 yards? he knows that the problem the fans have with lindell, and he ignored it.........

274927[/snapback]

The guy asked TD about lack of confidence in Lindell's distance. TD answered his question, saying basically that he is improved and from his perspective, he doesn't have a problem with Lindell. Read the question and answer again and tell me again how TD avoided the question. And look, I know you don't like TD. It's obvious. But you always struck me as a well-thought-out poster. Why you are stretching things lately to bash TD is simply curious as hell. It's like you have ICE running through your veins or something. :lol:

Bryan Ault (Alexandria, VA): As fans, we do not have a lot of confidence in Rian Lindell's distance and we think he puts additional pressure on the offense to get closer late in close games. How do you intend to address the kicking situation in the off-season? Thanks for your time.

TD: Our philosophy as an organization is to always try to improve the team in all areas. Sometimes, however, you should watch what you wish for. Rian Lindell improved as much as any player on our team last year compared to the 2003 season. He ended the year near the top of most statistical categories in the NFL. For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points. He also lost two long field goals last year when we called timeout prior to the kicks which he made. Rian is improving and has done a very good job under the direction of Bobby April. We expect him to take another step this season as our kicker.

I don't think Nugent is a reach at #3 at all.

This guy IS the exception.....better then

Janokowski without the off field issues!!

I'd love to take this guy. I'm glad TD is saying what he's saying. Classic Donahoe with his cards close to his vest.

Lindell isn't as bad as people are making him out to be but "The Nuge" is on another level.

The guy asked TD about lack of confidence in Lindell's distance. TD answered his question, saying basically that he is improved and from his perspective, he doesn't have a problem with Lindell. Read the question and answer again and tell me again how TD avoided the question. And look, I know you don't like TD. It's obvious. But you always struck me as a well-thought-out poster. Why you are stretching things lately to bash TD is simply curious as hell. It's like you have ICE running through your veins or something. :lol:

275119[/snapback]

the question was specifically about distance.......it was not about accruacy, but TD defended lindell by stating stats that are based on accruacy.......

"For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points."

of course he has a good accruacy % -- that is what happens when you don't try a lot of long field goals.........if the bills did have faith in his distance and tried for more long field goals, then those %'s would likely go down......what do those stats have to do with lindell's inability to hit a +40 yarder other then the fact they are inflated by lack of attempts at that distance? he didn't answer the question there......

only after the that does TD point out that he made two long ones that were negated by penalty i.e. no pass rush and no pressure.......i'm not all that impressed he can make "practice" long ones......

i don't think he addressed the question of distance.......he addressed accuracy, which was not the question.........

the question was specifically about distance.......it was not about accruacy, but TD defended lindell by stating stats that are based on accruacy.......

"For example, in 2003 he was 17-of-24 kicking field goals for a total of 75 points. In 2004, he was 24-of-28 on his field goals for 117 points."

of course he has a good accruacy % -- that is what happens when you don't try a lot of long field goals.........if the bills did have faith in his distance and tried for more long field goals, then those %'s would likely go down......what do those stats have to do with lindell's inability to hit a +40 yarder other then the fact they are inflated by lack of attempts at that distance? he didn't answer the question there......

only after the that does TD point out that he made two long ones that were negated by penalty i.e. no pass rush and no pressure.......i'm not all that impressed he can make "practice" long ones......

i don't think he addressed the question of distance.......he addressed accuracy, which was not the question.........

275137[/snapback]

I guess I just read it differently. And look...I'm not a Lindell fan simply based on one thing: whenever he goes out on the field...whereever he is on the field...my stomach is in a knot because I have no confidence in him. But I do remember the two long field goals...both, I believe, were 48 yards. Had we not called time out and taken those points, would people's perceptions of him be different. Admittedly, mine might.

I guess I just read it differently. And look...I'm not a Lindell fan simply based on one thing: whenever he goes out on the field...whereever he is on the field...my stomach is in a knot because I have no confidence in him. But I do remember the two long field goals...both, I believe, were 48 yards. Had we not called time out and taken those points, would people's perceptions of him be different. Admittedly, mine might.

275154[/snapback]

here is what you will find funny -- i am a lindell fan and want him to stick around for another year........buffalo is not an easy place to kick with the elements and i think it takes time to adjust, but i do see improvement.........i trust him on short ones and with pressure kicks despite what happened with PIT.......

but here is the thing -- he hasn't kicked well from distance since he arrived in buffalo and he needs to get better in that area.........it's not secret -- i know it, you know it, the coaches know it, and the GM knows it......so when a question comes in regarding distance, i expect a response that says "he needs to improve in that area, and we think he can based on the success he had from 40+ earlier in his career, especially his rookie season where he made 7 of 8 from 40-49 and all 3 of his attempts over 50"........is that really that bad? does the postive spin not negate the negative spin? yet, it still challenges the player, drives him a bit more, seeing his boss call him out for what even he knows was a weak performance in that area........but apparantly are players are a little too thinned skin and our GM shouldn't discuss any negative about them, even if it is true.......

Freakin' nugent bukake over here...

274596[/snapback]

That expression makes me want to PUKE! I'm afraid I'll use it over and over...

TOM D,

Nobody is buying how lucky we are to have Lindell. We had one or two good kickers in Buffalo over the last 40 years or so--you didnt bring the game with you when you blew into town.

Lindell is unreliable, the coaches know it, the stadium and fans know it, YOU know it. Come on.

Freakin' nugent bukake over here...

NOBODY KNOWS IF HE"LL BE ANYTHING IN THE NFL

he has a leg. he has made some FGs. He has MISSED some FGs. He's not going to enter the league and be adam vinatieri for god's sake.

i wouldn't hold your breath.

274596[/snapback]

He is better than Vinatieri... and he will be the best. You'll see!