Jordan Palmer: Buffalo Will Build A Statue For Josh Allen In A Few Years

2 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

I'm sure he's a nice dude and all but I really wish Jordan would !@#$ off.

I don't understand your antipathy towards Allen.  Almost everyone who is serious in the business and talks about Allen says that he is a player with impressive tools but clearly a work in progress type prospect.  And what is telling is that all the teams who were desperately searching for a franchise qb and dedicated an extraordinary amount of resources and time into that endeavor had Allen near the top of their qb board. The Browns and the Jets up to the end of the evaluation process had him near the top of their board. It was reported that the Cardinals were vying with the Bills to move up to get Allen, not Rosen. Their next best option was Rosen. 

There is no doubt that Jordan Palmer has a vested interest in Josh Allen because he worked with him. But that doesn't change the fact that when he glowingly extols the virtue of one of his students he is repeating the same high evaluation that a lot of people who have no vested interest in the qb.

The more I hear about Josh Allen the more comfortable I am with the pick. I'm on the same bus that Bandit is driving.  

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

Guy gets flamed for supporting the QB we just selected. Classic

And predictable.  Most of us knew exactly how this would go down if Allen was the pick and the "fans" are running true to form.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

The more I hear about Josh Allen the more comfortable I am with the pick. I'm on the same bus that Bandit is driving.  

Hope there's room for me on that bus as well.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's be real. Countless Mocks had Allen projected as a Top 5 pick and many had him #1 overall. Can't really vilify the Bills if he busts. Sure hope he pans out but the "experts" universally loved him enough to rank him that high.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Say what you will but there is one guy who loves Josh Allen.... and I don’t mean Peter Prisco.  

Jordan Palmer was on John Murphy and he talked about Allen in glowing terms.   He also discussed why his completion percentage was so low and, why in this particular case, he isn’t concerned.  

The most surprising thing he said he said is that Bill fans are going to love Josh and that he is the passer he’s ever seen.  Better than Cutler or his brother Carston.  He also said that in a few years Bills fans will be building a statue to him.  

04-27 Jordan Palmer on One Bills Live https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/wgr550.hosted.cx/hosting/media/wgr550/1642018/122596011.mp3

You do know there is a working relationship between Allen & Palmer?  Would you expect him to say anything but good things about Allen?

1 minute ago, eball said:

Hope there's room for me on that bus as well.

If you bring the snacks you will be exempt from putting a token in the fare box. If you bring the beer we will have a rest room at the back of the bus to service you. If you are corpulent you will have a tight squeeze to do your business in there. :)

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Let's be real. Countless Mocks had Allen projected as a Top 5 pick and many had him #1 overall. Can't really vilify the Bills if he busts. Sure hope he pans out but the "experts" universally loved him enough to rank him that high.

I really hope he becomes the QB this regime thinks he can be, but the reason he was a top 5 prospect is because of his size and arm strength, not his on field performances.  Unfortunately that does not guarantee victories.

30 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

But he sucked as a player, so why is he so respected as a personal coach?  Not sure I get it...

Are you saying that the best coaches were also the best players?

49 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

But he sucked as a player, so why is he so respected as a personal coach?  Not sure I get it...

Because playing and coaching/developing are two entirely different skill sets.

Bill Belichick was a lousy college player who had no interest from any major programs, who began coaching as soon as he graduated; and he may be the greatest head coach of all time.