(OT) starwars episode III

ch19079

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he happen to mention why he thought that the first two prequels were so poorly executed?

274368[/snapback]

or why he decided to make them in to childrens movies? i thaught i saw micky mouse in episode 1.

Actually, this is how he put it ........give or take a word misplaced

What do you think of all the people who said the first 2 episodes were no good

Lucas: Well I see it like me painting my house white.....then someone telling me that it would look better green. Maybe it would look better green, but I didn't want it green, I wanted it white.

Also, the entire episode 3 is done in DIGITAL and its the only Starwars movie to be pg13

He took money out of his own pocket to budget the entire movie and one fight between Anakin and Obie was digitized because Lucas wanted a certain move changed but ewan was off doing another movie.........this will also be the second starwars movie where yoda is a digital computer graphic

The trailer is available on the main site now, so there is no reason for them to demand that it be taken down....

274465[/snapback]

If you watched the trailer you would see it is a different extended version of what is available on the offical website. But I'm sure you knew that before you would post such a comment. :w00t:

He took money out of his own pocket to budget the entire movie and one fight between Anakin and Obie was digitized because Lucas wanted a certain move changed but ewan was off doing another movie

274408[/snapback]

Anakin is going to fight Garfield's dog?

no jar jar, no see see.

seriously...even after the horrid disappointments that were episodes 1 and 2, I'm lookign forward to this, and I think Lucas will finally deliver...by virtue of his not having written the dialogue and all. And having seen LOTR and realizing that he had been made to look like a hack.

seriously...even after the horrid disappointments that were episodes 1 and 2, I'm lookign forward to this, and I think Lucas will finally deliver...by virtue of his not having written the dialogue and all. And having seen LOTR and realizing that he had been made to look like a hack.

274602[/snapback]

I think so too. I can't wait to sit in the theater for this one. Damn George Lucas always gets my money...

no jar jar, no see see.

274602[/snapback]

Lucas didn't write this one?? Who did?

Lucas didn't write this one??  Who did?

274637[/snapback]

Lucas did.

I checked IMDB and couldn't find any other writing credits for Ep. 3. Eps. 1-4 were written by Lucas alone. Eps. 5 & 6 had other people with writing credits.

Lucas has written them all!

If you guys don't like it, don't buy the videos merchandise, etc. It's fine to critique his work but to say some God awful things is crossing the line.

I'm not saying it's happening in this thread but I've seen it on this forum elsewhere.

Lucas did.

I checked IMDB and couldn't find any other writing credits for Ep. 3.  Eps. 1-4 were written by Lucas alone.  Eps. 5 & 6 had other people with writing credits.

274750[/snapback]

Lucas wrote this episode, but it's the first one he turned over to a script doctor (I forget her name at the moment...but she is one of the best in Hollywood). Script Doctor's don't change the plot or story at all, they punch up scenes and dialogue. Word is she re-wrote virtually everyline of the dialogue (with Lucas's approval of course).

It was a big step for Lucas that people thought he wouldn't take. You won't see her (or any script doctor's) names in credits though. The guild doesn't award writing credits for doctoring.

Lucas wrote this episode, but it's the first one he turned over to a script doctor (I forget her name at the moment...but she is one of the best in Hollywood). Script Doctor's don't change the plot or story at all, they punch up scenes and dialogue. Word is she re-wrote virtually everyline of the dialogue (with Lucas's approval of course).

It was a big step for Lucas that people thought he wouldn't take. You won't see her (or any script doctor's) names in credits though. The guild doesn't award writing credits for doctoring.

274908[/snapback]

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me.