Build the O-line!

I am not the biggest fan of the Allen pick, but now that he's here, I want the best chance for him to succeed.

To me, that makes the first, second and third priority for the rest of this draft to rebuild the O-line. A line of Dawkins-Ducasse-Groy-Miller-Mills scares the piss out of me. If you want a rookie to succeed, it helps to:

A) Protect him as well as possible to give him time as he acclimates to the game

and

B) Have a strong running game so defenders don't pin their ears back

In both situations, we drastically need to bolster the interior and RT IMHO.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I am not the biggest fan of the Allen pick, but now that he's here, I want the best chance for him to succeed.

To me, that makes the first, second and third priority for the rest of this draft to rebuild the O-line. A line of Dawkins-Ducasse-Groy-Miller-Mills scares the piss out of me. If you want a rookie to succeed, it helps to:

A) Protect him as well as possible to give him time as he acclimates to the game

and

Well relax. Because I'm sensing a dominant line of Dawkins-Groy-Bodine-Ducasse-Mills coming!

31 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

and

It's going to take more than a year to build up this offensive line. Allen isn't starting in year one anyway. So AJ takes the beating this year

I agree with building the line 100% but not for Allen (I'm hoping he sits this year out) but for whoever wins the QB competition between AJ and Nate.

We lost Incognito and Woods... I have faith in Groy and Dawkins but that's where my faith ends... Other 3 linemen are just depth guys imo...

I know sitting a 1st round  (top ten) pick isn't an ideal situation but I say let the kid experience the stress of traveling all across the country, the big lights, interviews and crowd noise from the sidelines to better be able to handle it next year... The Pats didn't play Brady (I know he wasn't a 1st round pick) and he ended up playing for 56 years straight n still going (that bastard) because he rarely gets hit.

59 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well relax. Because I'm sensing a dominant line of Dawkins-Groy-Bodine-Ducasse-Mills coming!

Ducasse....how is that a name of a starting OL still. Tells you everything about the state of our line, that and a flaky Incognito.

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

and

We have no more picks to actually address positional need. Best case scenario is Allen comes in and balls out year one. More than likely won't happen, so we have him wait a year, allow us to build around him with next year's draft. Issue there is we have far too many needs at the moment (ILB, IDL, OL, WR, RB) to be addressed in a single draft. I would've rather built our needs this year, and then traded up next year for a QB if we really wanted. 

Who knows, we may end up #1 overall if the predictions fall in line. Why trade away the future now?