RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

F that.

We had a Tom Brady sort of player in our grasp named Josh Rosen and we threw it away for a project with horrible accuracy issues and a demonstrated inability to grasp the mental aspect of the position that is so critical at the NFL level.

But he is definitely a big guy with a strong arm!  Whoo-hooo!

There's a reason you're not an NFL GM ....exhibit A above

OK.... He was not my first choice. He wasn't even my 2nd or 3rd choice.

I believe he is a project QB that will take at least a year or 2 to develop. I firmly believe the Bills should have gone in a different direction, not because I think the other QBs in this draft have more potential, but because they were closer to actually playing in this league. Just tired of waiting to see good QB play in Buffalo.

I will say this....Josh Allen, if he reaches his full potential, could be the best QB in this draft. He has all of the physical tools you dream about a QB having. But how long will it take for us to see these tools? I don't know. I watched every game he played this last season and he just has so far to go to be ready to play in this league. His ceiling is higher than any QB in this draft. When he's on, he looks like Dan Marino out there. I'll give him that. But his floor, if he never develops, is Kyle Boller or JaMarcus Russell. Not sure I have ever seen such a gap between the very best and very worst a guy could be.

I hope on behalf of all of Bills Mafia that he reaches his ceiling and does it sooner than later. We're all family here, so welcome to Buffalo, Josh. I hope and pray you have a very long and successful career here.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Dark said:

1.  We gave up two second rounders in a deep draft to move up 5 spots.  The Cardinals gave up a 3rd and a 5th to move up 5 spots.  And we probably didn't even need to trade up.  That may not be giving up the farm, but damn, I'd rather have those two second rounders if we didn't need to move.

2.  You argument is very compelling.  I'm worried that he hasn't completed 60% of his passes in a single season going all the way to middle school, but your "Hahahaha" has changed my mind.

The cost for the 7th pick and 10th pick are very different.  So try comparing to apples to apples next time.

30 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

This screams arrogant “We got you to the playoffs, we can do no wrong” pick. Beane and McDermott put their careers on the line with this pick, they better hope Allen is a decent QB.

So take they guy they don’t like? No guys, no glory. GO BILLS!

Edited by Idandria

29 minutes ago, K-Apps said:

This screams arrogant “We got you to the playoffs, we can do no wrong” pick. Beane and McDermott put their careers on the line with this pick, they better hope Allen is a decent QB.

See, I would think they would've done more than "hope." I woulda thought they maybe did just an ounce of research, or, I don't know, WATCH THE GUY PLAY FOOTBALL.

He sucks. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, the skycap said:

How is Allen gonna go in the locker room full of men and explain those tweets?

The same way Zay Jones explained what he did as an adult. 

Or how Shady assaulted someone as an adult. 

Explaining what he said when he was a 15yr old child should go a lot smoother than the above. 

Christ some of you are beyond saving. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

Whatever, at this point I just hope AJ tears it up for us.

I don't like this pick at all let alone trading for him.

This Allen kid  would not have made the team at alabama....or any power 5 school...maybe carried a water bottle...

Just now, BeginnersMind said:

They all had question marks. Im going to trust the process and enjoy the kid. Seems like a good young man. 

I do agree with your last sentence. Allen's accuracy issues and ability to read the field are highly questionable. But of the top QB's, he and Darnold feel like the two guys that will really represent a team and city well for what it is worth.