How about bands we like?

If anyone has any new sugestions that I could try out be sure to give em up!!!

274365[/snapback]

A.J. Croce. Son of Jim. Great R&B, and a helluva piano player. Start with his self-titled album. Check out the first song "He's Got A Way With Women (And He Just Got Away With Mine)" and you'll instantly notice his stuff is nothing like his bad-guy-gets-whats-coming-to-him dad.

Click the little speakers next to the songs at this site to check out some samples.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like others there are way too many to list, but I'll list the ones I have seen live in the past year or so:

Big Head Todd & The Monsters

Carbon Leaf

Rush

The Tragically Hip

Blue Rodeo

Great Big Sea

Southern Culture On The Skids

The Jayhawks

Todd Snider

Sloan

A.J. Croce. Son of Jim. Great R&B, and a helluva piano player. Start with his self-titled album. Check out the first song "He's Got A Way With Women (And He Just Got Away With Mine)" and you'll instantly notice his stuff is nothing like his bad-guy-gets-whats-coming-to-him dad.

Click the little speakers next to the songs at this site to check out some samples.

274380[/snapback]

I have his first 2 CDs. Good stuff. "That's Me At The Bar" is a good one.

I have his first 2 CDs.  Good stuff.  "That's Me At The Bar" is a good one.

274388[/snapback]

It really is a good one...particularly the title track. He started straying from his formula with "Fit To Serve," so you're probably good only having the first two. I saw him perform at his mother's bar in downtown San Diego (named Croce's, of course)...a little bar with barely enough room for 200 people. Great, great time.

It really is a good one...particularly the title track. He started straying from his formula with "Fit To Serve," so you're probably good only having the first two. I saw him perform at his mother's bar in downtown San Diego (named Croce's, of course)...a little bar with barely enough room for 200 people. Great, great time.

274395[/snapback]

Tom Petty

Sister Hazel (incredible small venue concert band)

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Bob Seger

Queensryche

Traveling Wilburys

Kiss (old kiss)

Whitesnake (and similar 80's hair bands)

The Spinners

Barry White

i like too many, but so few.......trust me, it makes sense.  :w00t:

but I have really been hooked on Gov't Mule for a while now. Warren Haynes has become my favorite guitarist. Their latest, Deja Voodoo, is by far the most emotionally charged collection of songs I've heard in a while. Passionate guitar and great attention to detail have catapulted this band into the upper echelon for me.

274322[/snapback]

No doubt. They played Richmond last Halloween, but I missed it. That Live at the Roseland rocks the house. I actually saw them open up for Jethro Tull a few years back.

I like most of the oldies: RUSH, The Beatles, Floyd, Allman Bros, Zeppelin, Jimi, Skynyrd, etc.

No doubt. They played Richmond last Halloween, but I missed it. That Live at the Roseland rocks the house. I actually saw them open up for Jethro Tull a few years back.

I like most of the oldies: RUSH, The Beatles, Floyd, Allman Bros, Zeppelin, Jimi, Skynyrd, etc.

274483[/snapback]

you missed a good one. I saw them here in AZ this past year. they've added a keyboard player. I though at first this would be a mistake to the Mule sound. Was I ever wrong. The guy plays within the band, and is almost non-exsitent on tunes that don't need him. On Deja Voodoo, he accentuates allot of the songs in the way many great keyboard players of the past have. In his playing, I hear John Paul Jones, Tony Banks (Old School Genesis, like the 1st Live and Seconds Out), and even some Pink Floyd on one of the long songs "Silent Scream".

Warren Haynes does a great Jimmy Page circa Houses of the Holy on one tune, Lola Leave your Light On.

Just some really incredible stuff. Takes a few listens, because they have that Mule drag sound, but it comes to life after the 3rd time hearing it. After that. it's hard to eject.

The other bands you mention, yes they all go without saying. I just think too many people don't listen to the Mule and they should.

Cheap Trick Rocks.

274473[/snapback]

When I'm down I make a call.

Got the number written on the wall.

First it's busy then I try again.

Oh, who's she talking to, could it be him?

I got the number and it starts to ring.

I get excited and I start to dream.

I start to fantasize of memory lane.

Then she answers and she says right way.

She says I'm home on my own, home all alone.

So I got off the phone.

(She's tight.) She's ahead of her time.

(She's tight.) She's one of a kind.

(She's tight.) She's a talented girl.

(She's tight.) She's got her head down tight.

I have something got to say to you.

Amnesia and my train of thought.

On the tip, tip of my tongue.

I had a vision when I was young.

You floated in, we floated up.

Through the window and down the hall.

I had a smoke and went upstairs.

Turned the door and opened the key. She spoke...

I'm on my own, home all alone.

So I got off the phone.

(She's tight.) She's ahead of her time.

(She's tight.) She's one of a kind.

(She's tight.) She's a talented girl.

(She's tight.) She's got her head down tight.

(She's tight.) She's giving me the go.

(She's tight.) She's giving me the high sign.

(She's tight.) We'll turn off the lights.

(She's tight.) Pull down the shades.

(She's nice, she's tight.) Turn on the cam'ra.

(She's nice, she's tight.) And getting ready for action.

Turn off the radio.

Turn on the video.

Trans-Siberian Orchestra

Shadow Gallery

Ayreon (especially the newest album, Human Equation; it ROCKS)

Savatage

Dream Theater (especially Metropolis Pt II)

Basically bands that tell a story with their music instead of just songs/music.

CW

I had some of that cranked up earlier. What a shame thier guitar player was killed, that boy could play...

274593[/snapback]

No doubt. Damn drunk drivers. :w00t:

They've made a lot of good albums since, and they're still extsremely good even without Criss Oliva. Probably would've been better with him, but what can you do?

CW

274380[/snapback]

I was actually going to say Jim Croce. Been listening to him a lot recently. "I Got a Name," "Alabama Rain" and "Railroad Song" especially. Didn't know his son was picking up the family business. Have to check it out....

Jeff Buckley. I keep worrying that b/c I listen to him so much, it's going to get old. It hasn't yet. There's just so much on so many levels w/ him. To my dad who says Buddy Holly was the biggest loss for music/rock 'n' roll, I say bullsh--. Not even close.