Rex & Polian on ESPN NFL Live - Trade

wppete

6 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Brandon was complicit with the hiring of Ryan. The "don't let him leave the building" remark attributed to Brandon was buzzing through all the media after Ryan was hired and before he ever coached a game. Brandon never dispelled that quote as false. 

The person who made the Rex hire was Pegula, the person who paid more than a billion $$$$ for his team. The person who made the McDermott hire was the same person who paid over a billion $$$ for the team. Pegula who was new to the business and to the sport was impressed in an interview by a hustling  and charming HC who talked a good game. Instead of doing his own due diligence and seeking input from more sources inside and outside of the building the owner acted on his impulses. It was a horrendous mistake for this novice owner. It was an owner bad judgment who thought that he could instantly give credibility to a lackluster franchise with this outsized personality. The Bills are still climbing out from that mistake that set this franchise back by years. 

Brandon gets blamed for a lot of things that he had little to do with. On the other side of the coin he doesn't get credit for some of the good things that he does within the scope of his responsibility on the business side of the operation. A lot of people want to blame him for the football operation when in reality he has little to do with that side of the franchise.

The truth of the matter is that Brandon is well respected in the business. If he left the Bills there would be bidders for his service. Pegula/s have so much regard for him that they put him in charge of their sports empire that includes the Sabres. In my view he is too often maligned for things he doesn't do and not given enough credit for things he has done.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Ifartalot said:

Brandon was complicit with the hiring of Ryan. The "don't let him leave the building" remark attributed to Brandon was buzzing through all the media after Ryan was hired and before he ever coached a game. Brandon never dispelled that quote as false. 

No but it is constantly taken out of context. He said it AFTER Terry and Kim had decided Rex was their guy. He said if he is your guy don't let him leave the building (he was supposed to interview in Atlanta the next day). 

24 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...paste it on his arse so we could see ALL seven rounds.............

While the size might be appropriate, and I’d love to know what’s on the board, I’m not sure that would be worth it. I just might have to gouge my eyes out afterward! 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wppete said:

Just saw Rex and Bill Polian on ESPN NFL Live talking about the Bills and a trade up for a QB. They were both convinced it will happen. Rex said that Terry Pegula is hungry and bold and ready for a franchise QB. He believes Buffalo will move up and make a bold move. 

I thought this was about their employers trading employees and was wondering who got an extra pick.

2 hours ago, #34fan said:

Rex needs to go eat a f___ing snack!

...and that snack is in my pants! for one thing, i'm sick of people sh.t talking a.j. when he hasn't taken a frigging snap.

we could have an all pro right here and the buffalo tradition of wasting a qb is about to rear it's ugly head, i get so sick of this crap.

i get it. we need to draft a qb. then what ? sit a.j. who has frigging playoff experience and throw a rookie out there to kill his spirit and future. this team has such a track record of absolutely ruining qbs, i hope this new fo recognizes we ain't getting cam newton.

i guess that fat blow hard who left town way too late just got under my skin one last time. f you rex!

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Just saw Rex and Bill Polian on ESPN NFL Live talking about the Bills and a trade up for a QB. They were both convinced it will happen. Rex said that Terry Pegula is hungry and bold and ready for a franchise QB. He believes Buffalo will move up and make a bold move. 

Exactly why it won't happen. Kelly was grabbed at 14, if draft IS this good at QB position then a QB can be had at 12.

Edited by USABuffaloFan

1 hour ago, Ifartalot said:

it went like..." look doug, let's just do this and put asses in the seats. we'll be the talk of the league and get tons of exposure. if you play along, i'll make sure i talk terry into giving you a big extension."......doug.." ok brandon, show me the money  yo."

4 hours ago, Ifartalot said:

That comment was taken so far out of context it’s ridiculous. Russ, Doug, and both Pegulas spent a whirlwind couple of weeks crossing the country interviewing candidates. After Ryan was brought back for a second interview in FLA, the Pegulas huddled with Russ and Doug and Terry Pegula said he thought Ryan was the one. Brandon advised that if he felt that strongly he shouldn’t let Ryan leave because the opportunity to land him might not last as Ryan would be speaking to other teams. The decision was ENTIRELY the Pegulas to make and they did. Brandon didn’t pound on any table and insist on anything.