Tim Graham, Jerry Sullivan and Mike Rodak Take Aim at So-Called “Draft Experts”

Have you ever wondered to yourself who are all of these so-called experts are that are guests on WGR and all over Twitter?  You aren’t alone.  In the link below from The Tim Graham Show the three hosts rip on the so-called “draft experts.”   Basically they question the credibility of these guys, their mock drafts, reports, and evaluations of NFL Draft prospects.  It’s a hilarious listen

http://buffalonews.com/2018/04/25/tim-graham-show-the-one-and-only-nfl-draft-edition/

7 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Have you ever wondered to yourself who are all of these so-called experts are that are guests on WGR and all over Twitter?  You aren’t alone.  In the link below from The Tim Graham Show the three hosts rip on the so-called “draft experts.”   Basically they question the credibility of these guys, their mock drafts, reports, and evaluations of NFL Draft prospects.  It’s a hilarious listen

http://buffalonews.com/2018/04/25/tim-graham-show-the-one-and-only-nfl-draft-edition/

Graham.  Sullivan.  Rodak. 3 of the more negative, angry and jealously filled writers in the business. The "Three Amigos" Of Rage Sports Journalism.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Wow. Bitter? Much? 

"Some guy quit his job 5 years ago and is now making more money than me from talking about football. Losers!"

Hahaha. 

They aren’t going after the established scouting companies like Ourlads or Blesto.  It’s more of the Eric Galko types who are suddenly experts despite never having worked in an NFL front office

Just now, BuffaloRush said:

They aren’t going after the established scouting companies like Ourlads or Blesto.  It’s more of the Eric Galko types who are suddenly experts despite never having worked in an NFL front office

And still does a better job than Sullivan, Graham and Rodak. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

One of the great things about American society now is that passionate fans about pretty much anything (Game of Thrones, hardcore board gaming, rock climbing, steampunk culture, 60s mod fashion, the NFL draft, you name it) can find an platform to opine on their subject of expertise and engage with others who have a similar passion. I have no sympathy for the views of these three, whose comments amount to fan-shaming. A lot of those fans are pretty smart, and know more than paid reporters do. I'd take a Buffalo News column penned by Badolbilz or Kirby any day over any one of these three (although Graham has had some good moments). After all, Sullivan and Graham work for a publication featuring Bucky Gleason, who if he had the run of the Bills would be leading a 1-15 franchise every year if they followed his advice. 

• Like (+1) 2

Four of best things that have happened recently. First, I stopped reading any Buffalo News opinion pieces. Then the Snooze went to a paywall and so even if I felt like I was tempted, I refused because I was limited to only a few free articles a week. Then the Snooze asked to pay extra for reading these idiots, taking away any temptation. Last, the news won't even let you view their website if you use AdBlocker. So the news is dead to me now and it feels so great!

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

One of the great things about American society now is that passionate fans about pretty much anything (Game of Thrones, hardcore board gaming, rock climbing, steampunk culture, 60s mod fashion, the NFL draft, you name it) can find an platform to opine on their subject of expertise and engage with others who have a similar passion. I have no sympathy for the views of these three, whose comments amount to fan-shaming. A lot of those fans are pretty smart, and know more than paid reporters do. I'd take a Buffalo News column penned by Badolbilz or Kirby any day over any one of these three (although Graham has had some good moments). After all, Sullivan and Graham work for a publication featuring Bucky Gleason, who if he had the run of the Bills would be leading a 1-15 franchise every year if they followed his advice. 

Yep..... feel free to question their opinions but dismissing someone because "they were a teacher 5 years ago".... so what?

They come across as 3 bitter and insecure men to me probably offended by a new generation of people who the internet and social media has given a voice to shaking up their comfy little lives. 

13 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Or a Hits and Misses column by me