Henry hurts trade value

Travis Henry, RB BUF

News: According to reports, Travis Henry is hurting his trade value with enormous contract demands. He appears to wants a $7 million signing bonus to match what the Oakland Raiders paid to LaMont Jordan.

Analysis: Henry still expects to be traded, but the glut of talented running backs available seems to have slowed the process.

I guess travis feel hes a better back and jordon which I dont blame him but now there are currently better backs now on the market(James,Alexander)

Travis Henry, RB BUF

News: According to reports, Travis Henry is hurting his trade value with enormous contract demands. He appears to wants a $7 million signing bonus to match what the Oakland Raiders paid to LaMont Jordan.

Analysis: Henry still expects to be traded, but the glut of talented running backs available seems to have slowed the process.

I guess travis feel hes a better back and jordon which I dont blame him but now there are currently better backs now on the market(James,Alexander)

273929[/snapback]

No to mention the RB heavy draft. He's going to end up not playing next year at this rate.

Did I miss something...Does Travis have a No Trade clause in contract? He'll go where the Bills trade him, to a team that wants him for that amount and knows that his contract is only good for the upcoming year, yes it may only be for one year but that is where it is at. If the condition of a trade ( by the other team) is to secure a multi-year contract with Travis his demands, then yes may hurt a deal. But if a team needs him for one year, unless I need a refresher on contract law he goes where the Bills send him.

Travis Henry, RB BUF

273929[/snapback]

how is that an enormous demand??? he should get that much. if not more. how much did that DE "BUM" Burgess get.... 6 mil. for what? 5 sacks a year.

he went to the probowl.

had 2 seasons over 1300 yards.

and young.

Did I miss something...Does Travis have a No Trade clause in contract?  He'll go where the Bills trade him, to a team that wants him for that amount and knows that his contract is only good for the upcoming year, yes it may only be for one year but that is where it is at.  If the condition of a trade ( by the other team) is to secure a multi-year contract with Travis his demands, then yes may hurt a deal. But if a team needs him for one year, unless I need a refresher on contract law he goes where the Bills send him.

273944[/snapback]

well, the problem is, even if we could agree to trade TH to another team, TH may say hes gonna sit out the year without a new contract, so no team is gonna trade for him under those circumstances...

Guest BackInDaDay

I think TH is a tough kid that will give some team everything he's got if they give him the financial security he's looking for.

If TH were forced to report and play for his new team under the 4th year terms of his current contract, I guarantee you he'll be on his third team as soon as '06 free agency starts.

I'm sure there are several smart GMs that recognise that his current demands could be viewed as a bargain compared to his future value will be. They're just waiting for TD to lower his demands. They know TD will eventually settle for a 3rd in '05 or a conditional 2nd in '06 for his talented bench-warmer (same problem Arizona has with Shelton ;)). Better something, than nothing, which is what TD will get for him in '06.

If your team has many needs, you might fill the RB spot for much less than what either James / Alexander will be asking, and you still have your 1st rounder in '05 to fill other needs. Unless you're being told differently by your coaching staff, you consider TH to be an above average RB, you're just tryng to get him for less.

I don't believe the 'TH's demands hurting his trade chances' reports. I believe other GMs are using the media to negotiate with TD. The reality is, in this new 'bargain player' NFL, a trade and sign of a player of TH's ability is probably more attractive an option than FA or the draft.

If the Pats needed a RB, he'd be gone already.

Guest BackInDaDay
If TH sits out this coming year don't his rights stay with

Buffalo until he fullfills the original term of the contract?

274073[/snapback]

That's what I thought, meaning that there's no reason (besides spite) to sit out. It's not like he'd be a FA in '06. He'll be looking at the same exact circumstances, he has now (unless WM blows out his knee this year).

I think he'll be traded and signed, this year, by a new team.

If traded without a new contract, I hope his agent advises him to play like he played for the Bills for 2 seasons, and collect his big payday in '06 FA.

If TH sits out this coming year don't his rights stay with

Buffalo until he fullfills the original term of the contract?

274073[/snapback]

he can sit out until week 10.........as long as he reports by then he gets credit for a season and would become a UFA.........he would miss out on a lot of game checks though........

Guest BackInDaDay
he can sit out until week 10.........as long as he reports by then he gets credit for a season and would become a UFA.........he would miss out on a lot of game checks though........

274153[/snapback]

Thanks for the education, but something doesn't quite sound right about that.

Are there any conditions other than a player's agent just informing the GM his guy's ready to suit up? What about his being in 'game shape', and trying to catch-up with the rest of the team? Sounds like a very tolerant policy on the NFL's part to allow a player to sit out most of his 'walk' year without losing any of his FA eligibility.

Regardless, if he's still a Bill, someone who knows better, ought to get him to accept his fate, swallow his pride, shut his mouth, and make the most of every carry he gets this season. Every positive piece of tape he can get on helps his agent make his case that he's never lost his '03 form. Whether he sits out 10 games or all 16, he'll be branded a malcontent and his physical ability to play the game will be less of a question mark than his attitude.

I still think TD will get a player (trade or pick) for TH before things get that messy.

Anyone remember any similar circumstances involving TD in Pittsburgh. Curious what his track record may be in these situations. :w00t:

Thanks for the education, but something doesn't quite sound right about that.

Are there any conditions other than a player's agent just informing the GM his guy's ready to suit up?  What about his being in 'game shape', and trying to catch-up with the rest of the team? Sounds like a very tolerant policy on the NFL's part to allow a player to sit out most of his 'walk' year without losing any of his FA eligibility.

Regardless, if he's still a Bill, someone who knows better, ought to get him to accept his fate, swallow his pride, shut his mouth, and make the most of every carry he gets this season. Every positive piece of tape he can get on helps his agent make his case that he's never lost his '03 form.  Whether he sits out 10 games or all 16, he'll be branded a malcontent and his physical ability to play the game will be less of a question mark than his attitude.

I still think TD will get a player (trade or pick) for TH before things get that messy.

Anyone remember any similar circumstances involving TD in Pittsburgh.  Curious what his track record may be in these situations.  :w00t:

274240[/snapback]

"(a) For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games, but which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice or Development Squad."

i didn't say it was fair, but a rule is a rule........

i also don't think it will come to this and that he will be dealt at some point (likely leading up to/during the draft).........

Guest BackInDaDay
"(a) For the purposes of calculating Accrued Seasons under this Agreement, a player shall receive one Accrued Season for each season during which he was on, or should have been on, full pay status for a total of six or more regular season games, but which, irrespective of the player’s pay status, shall not include games for which the player was on: (i) the Exempt Commissioner Permission List, (ii) the Reserve PUP List as a result of a nonfootball injury, or (iii) a Club’s Practice or Development Squad."

i didn't say it was fair, but a rule is a rule........

i also don't think it will come to this and that he will be dealt at some point (likely leading up to/during the draft).........

274250[/snapback]

Was that you bogarding the CBA on NFLPA.org ? :w00t:

Thanks, buddy.