New Beer Molsons Kick has "guarana" in it

millbank

I suppose for those who wish to stay up and drink all night Molsons in Canada will offer starting next week " Molson's Kick Lager Beer"

TORONTO -- Molson Coors Brewing Co. announced yesterday that consumers soon will be able to buy a beer with a different kind of kick -- caffeine.

Molson Kick is a lager that will contain guarana, a South American plant that's a natural source of caffeine.

The beer will be available throughout Ontario, Quebec and Western Canada beginning March 21, and in the Atlantic provinces on April 1.

It will be marketed in what the brewer calls "a sleek, fast-chilling aluminum bottle," as well as in cans.

Molsons Kick

photo

Bud's doing the same thing.. I just dont get the whole drunk/energy drink connection.

273930[/snapback]

So that you can stay up longer and drink more. When I lived in Thailand the big thing was whiskey and Red Bull. I see that that has caught on on this side of the Pacific as well. Personally I don't drink to excess anymore, so it doesn't interest me.

So that you can stay up longer and drink more.  When I lived in Thailand the big thing was whiskey and Red Bull.  I see that that has caught on on this side of the Pacific as well.  Personally I don't drink to excess anymore, so it doesn't interest me.

273955[/snapback]

I think it just makes your drunker, with more energy to spend... sounds like trouble.

Bud's doing the same thing.. I just dont get the whole drunk/energy drink connection.

273930[/snapback]

I've had the Bud version, they were giving out free samples at the bar I was at for New Years Eve. 10oz can, and I didn't care for the taste at all.

I tasted that Bud-E (or whatever) the other night. With guarana and caffeine. It had like a Dr Pepper taste to it. Not very impressive, but then it's a Bud product.

Just what we need (as someone posted) - more drunks with lots of energy! Now, drunks won't have to pass out, they can raise some hell. Probably more likely to go driving, too, I would think.

So that you can stay up longer and drink more.  When I lived in Thailand the big thing was whiskey and Red Bull.  I see that that has caught on on this side of the Pacific as well.  Personally I don't drink to excess anymore, so it doesn't interest me.

273955[/snapback]

Anything and RedBull is the preferred drink of strippers. They can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'.

Dear Coors or whoever bought Molson,

You've just exposed yourself as being corporate pukes and I wouldnt buy your lousy Barry-Bonds-flaxseed-oil enhanced swill if YOU paid ME to drink it. Just keep your effen hands off MOLSON! Dont change the label, the bottle, the flavor, nothing. Just go back to peeing in your mountain streams and leave that good canadian beer ALONE!

"fast-chilling aluminum cans" did I read that right? All aluminum chills fast you goofball, marketing puke. Next it will be Molson Crap Gimmick, the coldest looking beer in the store.