4-25: Josh Rosen's PFT Live Interview with Mike Florio

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

He knows and is just making a point about something Rosen has never said.  Facts?  Who cares when there's a narrative. 

yeah I thought he was phishing for something, but I played along

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

Those two? Everything. For a passing offense those two are your most valued. His OL wasn't trash. I know you want people to believe that, but it isn't true. Sometimes Rosen is a statue and that has nothing to do with his OL.

This is a lie. Rosen had the best OL of all the top 6 QBs. His LT will be a first round pick, his center a 3rd or 4th. His receiver and TE will also be 3rd or 4th round picks.

https://www.diehards.com/ucla/uclas-offensive-line-a-primary-focus-for-the-bruins-this-spring

UCLA only returns two starters — Michael Alves and Andre James  — from last season, but the Bruins still struggled to protect Josh Rosen. The imminent first round NFL draft pick missed two games due to concussions. Filling the holes so far this spring are right tackle Jake Burton, center Boss Tagaloaand left guard Josh Wariboko-Alali.

From the Los Angeles Times:

While Alves has remained at right guard, James has manned the featured left tackle spot after playing right tackle last season. Tagaloa and Burton are both converted defensive linemen, with Burton making his switch before last season and Tagaloa before the start of spring practices.

The rash of position switches has led to some predictably rough moments. Snaps have flown over quarterbacks’ heads, and the linemen have been repeatedly beaten by an aggressive pass rush.

“There have been some tough times out there,” Burton acknowledged Tuesday, “but we’re just grinding through it and that definitely builds that chemistry between us.”

Kelly’s uptempo offense may provide relief in the trenches.

“I think you’ve got to be sound everywhere you are,” Kelly said, “so I don’t think there’s that concept of, if something happened quickly” it would help the offensive line. “I’ve never thought of it that way.”

This season, UCLA also has a new offensive line coach in Justin Frye.

“He’s awesome,” Burton said of Frye. “If we’re slacking, he’ll definitely get on us, but he’s been teaching us a lot of new thi

11 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Since Hundley left not a single member of UCLA's offense has been drafted higher than round 5, pick 148. You can play it up all you want, but that surrounding cast has been mediocre at best.

Now compare that to other QBs in this draft. Saying only Rosen played with below average players is a lie.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

https://www.diehards.com/ucla/uclas-offensive-line-a-primary-focus-for-the-bruins-this-spring

UCLA only returns two starters — Michael Alves and Andre James  — from last season, but the Bruins still struggled to protect Josh Rosen. The imminent first round NFL draft pick missed two games due to concussions. Filling the holes so far this spring are right tackle Jake Burton, center Boss Tagaloaand left guard Josh Wariboko-Alali.

From the Los Angeles Times:

While Alves has remained at right guard, James has manned the featured left tackle spot after playing right tackle last season. Tagaloa and Burton are both converted defensive linemen, with Burton making his switch before last season and Tagaloa before the start of spring practices.

The rash of position switches has led to some predictably rough moments. Snaps have flown over quarterbacks’ heads, and the linemen have been repeatedly beaten by an aggressive pass rush.

“There have been some tough times out there,” Burton acknowledged Tuesday, “but we’re just grinding through it and that definitely builds that chemistry between us.”

Kelly’s uptempo offense may provide relief in the trenches.

“I think you’ve got to be sound everywhere you are,” Kelly said, “so I don’t think there’s that concept of, if something happened quickly” it would help the offensive line. “I’ve never thought of it that way.”

This season, UCLA also has a new offensive line coach in Justin Frye.

“He’s awesome,” Burton said of Frye. “If we’re slacking, he’ll definitely get on us, but he’s been teaching us a lot of new thi

Because his LT is a potential 1st and his center a potential 3rd. If they stayed you think they'd get kick off the team?

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Now compare that to other QBs in this draft. Saying only Rosen played with below average players is a lie.

Because his LT is a potential 1st and his center a potential 3rd. If they stayed you think they'd get kick off the team?

Not sure what you're getting at.  This article specifically states UCLA offensive line struggled last season.

Below is another article.

https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla-bruins-football-2017-preseason/2017/7/31/16067506/2017-ucla-football-fall-preview-the-offensive-line-has-a-lot-to-prove

https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bruin_football/2018/3/2/17063308/2018-ucla-football-spring-preview-bruins-offensive-line-will-continue-to-be-an-issue

The fact is that the offensive line has been one of the biggest areas of concern for the Bruins in recent years and is likely to continue to one. That’s why the addition of Justin Frye seems so promising.

If you're going to use 2 starters as evidence UCLA had a good offensive line, since Dion Dawkins and Richie Incognito played well with us last year....the Bills had a good offensive line?

9 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

Rosen:

OT - 6th - Pick 211

OT - 5th - Pick 148

RB - 5th - Pick 149

WR - 5th - Pick 154

TE - 7th - Pick 231

WR - 7th - Pick 238

Darnold:

WR - 2nd - Pick 62

G - 4th - Pick 137

C - 3rd - Pick 66

Jackson:
WR - 1st - Pick 14

OT - 3rd - Pick 72

G - 3rd - Pick 81

TE - 7th - Pick 256

Rudolph:

RB - 7th - Pick 253

Mayfield:

RB - 2nd - Pick 48

WR - 4th - Pick 110

RB - 4th - Pick 114

WR - 2nd - Pick 40

OT - 4th - Pick 102

TE - 4th - Pick 117

OT - 6th - Pick 185

FB - 6th - Pick 206

So Mayfield, Darnold, and Jackson all had the same number of lineman drafted, but higher. Also, nobody is saying only Rosen played with below average players. They are pointing out that his line struggled in protection and his WRs had an incredibly high drop %.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Not sure what you're getting at.  This article specifically states UCLA offensive line struggled last season.

Below is another article.

https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla-bruins-football-2017-preseason/2017/7/31/16067506/2017-ucla-football-fall-preview-the-offensive-line-has-a-lot-to-prove

https://www.bruinsnation.com/ucla_bruin_football/2018/3/2/17063308/2018-ucla-football-spring-preview-bruins-offensive-line-will-continue-to-be-an-issue

The fact is that the offensive line has been one of the biggest areas of concern for the Bruins in recent years and is likely to continue to one. That’s why the addition of Justin Frye seems so promising.

If you're going to use 2 starters as evidence UCLA had a good offensive line, since Dion Dawkins and Richie Incognito played well with us last year....the Bills had a good offensive line?

They didn't say "struggled" you did. They said the team has "concern" with the Oline. As every team should.

It’s hard to operate without a well-rounded offensive line and though 2017 may not have been UCLA’s best year they still had a relatively strong O-line with two departing players looking towards potentially glamorous careers in the NFL.

That's literally the first sentence in that article.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Rosen:

OT - 6th - Pick 211

OT - 5th - Pick 148

RB - 5th - Pick 149

WR - 5th - Pick 154

TE - 7th - Pick 231

WR - 7th - Pick 238

Darnold:

WR - 2nd - Pick 62

G - 4th - Pick 137

C - 3rd - Pick 66

Jackson:
WR - 1st - Pick 14

OT - 3rd - Pick 72

G - 3rd - Pick 81

TE - 7th - Pick 256

Rudolph:

RB - 7th - Pick 253

Mayfield:

RB - 2nd - Pick 48

WR - 4th - Pick 110

RB - 4th - Pick 114

WR - 2nd - Pick 40

OT - 4th - Pick 102

TE - 4th - Pick 117

OT - 6th - Pick 185

FB - 6th - Pick 206

So Mayfield, Darnold, and Jackson all had the same number of lineman drafted, but higher. Also, nobody is saying only Rosen played with below average players. They are pointing out that his line struggled in protection and his WRs had an incredibly high drop %.

This is opinion of the board. And again Rosen will have a potential 1st round LT this year. Higher than everyone you list. And don't forget his C who will also be 3rd, 4th, 5th. All who played with him for much of if not his entire his career. also aside from Mayfield, Rosen has the most offensive players drafted meaning he had better offensive players.

Edited by CuddyDark

They didn't say "struggled" you did. They said the team has "concern" with the Oline. As every team should.

That's literally the first sentence in that article.

Struggled, weak, areas of concern are all synonyms when discussing their offensive line.  

The UCLA offense had some major problems in 2016—almost a complete lack of a run game, weak pass protection, and an injury to the starting quarterback. These issues all pointed to an extremely weak offensive line, which was a complaint from just about every Bruin fan all season.

UCLA only returns two starters — Michael Alves and Andre James  — from last season, but the Bruins still struggled to protect Josh Rosen. 

The fact is that the offensive line has been one of the biggest areas of concern for the Bruins in recent years and is likely to continue to one.

Struggled, weak, areas of concern are all synonyms when discussing their offensive line.  

The UCLA offense had some major problems in 2016—almost a complete lack of a run game, weak pass protection, and an injury to the starting quarterback. These issues all pointed to an extremely weak offensive line, which was a complaint from just about every Bruin fan all season.

UCLA only returns two starters — Michael Alves and Andre James  — from last season, but the Bruins still struggled to protect Josh Rosen. 

The fact is that the offensive line has been one of the biggest areas of concern for the Bruins in recent years and is likely to continue to one.

It’s hard to operate without a well-rounded offensive line and though 2017 may not have been UCLA’s best year they still had a relatively strong O-line with two departing players looking towards potentially glamorous careers in the NFL.

There's a left, and a right! Down goes Frazier!

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

There's a left, and a right! Down goes Frazier!

And again, this was never my argument. You claim Rosen played with the worse offensive players and it's provably not true.

Edited by CuddyDark

Just now, CuddyDark said:

Okay.  I guess only your one quote matters....that's the end all be all I guess.

And again, this was never my argument. You claim Rosen played with the worse offensive players and it's provably not true.

I can't believe the Bills offense struggled last year even though we had a good offensive line.  2 of our guys played well.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay.  I guess only your one quote matters....that's the end all be all I guess.

They both matter. That's what I've been saying the entire time. You only see the good in him. He's not a perfect prospect. If the Bills draft him, fine. I've literally been saying that since February.

Edited by CuddyDark

2 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

They both matter. That's what I've been saying the entire time. You only see the good in him. He's not a perfect prospect. If the Bills draft him, fine. I've literally been saying that since February.

No you didn't....you specifically stated UCLA having a bad offensive line is a lie.  You specifically stated "lie".

And no, I don't see him as a perfect prospect.  No, I don't only see good in him.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I can't believe the Bills offense struggled last year even though we had a good offensive line.  2 of our guys played well.

I thought it was Tyrod's fault?