Beane giving sense that a trade prior to draft unlikely, all depends on who goes #1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I'd love it.   I think it's impossible.   As I've said, I don't think the Giants are trading out of 2, but if they are, it's because they don't want a QB

I don't think they want a QB. The reports all say they only want Darnold but who knows how much of that is true. You and I both know Eli hasn't been good in years but I wouldn't assume Gettleman knows that. Personally I think all his talk about taking a RB high was just posturing. If he can get 3 1st round talents from the Bills in exchange for 1 he might just do it.

• Like (+1) 1

After way too much thought and consideration, I have decided that I trust Beane more than any previous GM over the last 20 years- really since Bill Polian.  We all think we know who the best qb is based on our part time analysis over the last 3 months, when in reality we know very little.  I would be ok with any pick Beane makes, even if he waits to the second or third round.  I believe there will be at least one really good qb who comes out of the second waive (Falk, Lueletta (sp), Rudolph, White, Ferguson).  There will also be failures in the top 5 that will set franchises back for years.  While waiting is not my first preference and I believe, after many years of waiting it't time to take a real risk, I will defer to the staff that spend thousands of man hours analyzing the prospects.    I also believe that any of the second tier guys would be first rounders in many other years and the qb draft hype is just that hype.  

At the end of the day, the Bills will have three unknowns competing for the starting job.  Hopefully one will pan out.  History has taught us that this is the most inexact science.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I actually had that thought not too long ago.  What if the Jets really do love Mayfield and that's why they moved up to #3.....then the Bills leapfrog the Jets at #2 to take Mayfield.

They would be sooooooooooooooooo mad!

Image result for Angry Jets Fan GIF

I think that guy needs a sedative of some sort.  

42 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

I think this is big news actually. By admitting they are not trading up prior to the draft means a move to pick 2 is unlikely. We have heard from many sources that Giants won't trade all the way back to 12 and miss out on the top guys. I always thought we would have to move up to pick 4-7 prior to the Giants being on the clock for our trade offer to be attractive to them. I think they will be picking a player at 2. They could accept our trade then trade back up but that is risky if the other team backs out so it seems highly unlikely

I think people overstate the difficulty of executing a 3-team trade in the moment. We probably have several blueprints in place already. Call both teams up, confirm it's a go, and execute the trade with plenty of time left on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, bobblehead said:

I think it’s obvious , and it has been since the Jets ruined the draft, that Darnold, Rosen and Mayfied are going 1,2 and 3.  

Giants won't take Rosen. If anything, that'll be us at 2 taking him. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think people overstate the difficulty of executing a 3-team trade in the moment. We probably have several blueprints in place already. Call both teams up, confirm it's a go, and execute the trade with plenty of time left on the clock.

If it's going to happen, they will have set up the groundwork for such a trade so it won't be a mad scramble when Giants are on the clock.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think they want a QB. The reports all say they only want Darnold but who knows how much of that is true. You and I both know Eli hasn't been good in years but I wouldn't assume Gettleman knows that. Personally I think all his talk about taking a RB high was just posturing. If he can get 3 1st round talents from the Bills in exchange for 1 he might just do it.

I think they want Quenton Nelson. I think they want a QB but not at 2.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Kids read social media. His kid probably telling him no one wants Allen.

@TysonBeane_2 voted for Mayfield for heisman so I'm assuming he's high on him.  hopefully he's berating his Dad with stats and analytics knowledge from the twittersphere

11 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

@TysonBeane_2 voted for Mayfield for heisman so I'm assuming he's high on him.  hopefully he's berating his Dad with stats and analytics knowledge from the twittersphere

he was the only QB nominated! 

But yeah, kids love Mayfield that’s true 

edit: I forgot Lamar was nominated again too... hmmm

Edited by YoloinOhio