Tom Pelissero's Composite QB Rankings from NFL Execs, Scouts, and Coaches

2018 NFL Draft QB rankings: Execs Like Sam Darnold over Allen
How do NFL executives, scouts and coaches rank the quarterbacks in the 2018 NFL Draft?

No two boards are going to be the same, especially in a class as muddled at the top as this one. But here's my best effort at a composite for the league, based on recent conversations with officials from 15 teams, all speaking on the condition of anonymity for competitive reasons and to provide a blunt assessment.

The top five are Darnold, Allen, Rosen, Mayfield, and Jackson.

There is some really good feedback on these guys from NFL people. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good find 26CB.  Great read. 

Makes me even more nervous about trading up than I already was.  All these guys are flawed.   

Nevertheless, Beane cannot strike out looking.  Take the swing!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Good find 26CB.  Great read. 

Makes me even more nervous about trading up than I already was.  All these guys are flawed.   

In an NFL context, all College QBs will be flawed in some way or the other.  That does not justify bringing them down.   A good chunk of these guys will go on to be stars given the right team and the context.

Even the GOAT was a 6th round after thought and came with a lot of weakness.

Edited by ganesh

Makes me want Josh Allen over the rest.  I MUST seriously be losing my mind.

If the Bills get to #2 and get Josh Allen, I'll be excited.  It will mean that Beane, McDermott, coaches, and scouts got THEIR guy, or 2nd favorite guy, and didn't settle for 4th or 5th on their list.

Edited by PIZ

18 minutes ago, PIZ said:

If the Bills get to #2 and get Josh Allen, I'll be excited.  It will mean that Beane, McDermott, coaches, and scouts got THEIR guy, or 2nd favorite guy, and didn't settle for 4th or 5th on their list.

gross.

If he surprises everyone theyll crown you.

For now get pelted with ****ty squirells for trading up to 2 for allen over rosen or darnold or even mayfield

Edited by FearLess Price

26 minutes ago, PIZ said:

LOL this is so insane. You guys are amazing. 

16 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

LOL this is so insane. You guys are amazing. 

Either Beane brainwashed me or he hired me to run a PR campaign pushing Josh Allen to the Bills.

58 minutes ago, PIZ said:

What did you read that makes you want him? He doesn't process the college game fast enough, he won't process the NFL game. If they take him at 12 then fine, but this guy doesn't excite me at all. 

10 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

What did you read that makes you want him? He doesn't process the college game fast enough, he won't process the NFL game. If they take him at 12 then fine, but this guy doesn't excite me at all. 

Seems to line up with what other scouts and Allen have been saying....

"Another scout who has studied Allen closely offered a comp to Dan Marino -- if Allen keeps improving mechanically. "You're talking about a kid who's got a rocket arm who's more mobile than they give him credit for," the scout said, "and if he fixes the feet, the accuracy is going to come -- 100 percent, it'll come." He presented himself well in interviews, too. "He's the top guy in my mind," an AFC scout said. "He's a stud."

43 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Seems to line up with what other scouts and Allen have been saying....

"Another scout who has studied Allen closely offered a comp to Dan Marino -- if Allen keeps improving mechanically. "You're talking about a kid who's got a rocket arm who's more mobile than they give him credit for," the scout said, "and if he fixes the feet, the accuracy is going to come -- 100 percent, it'll come." He presented himself well in interviews, too. "He's the top guy in my mind," an AFC scout said. "He's a stud."

There is a big "if" in that statement regarding his mechanics....