Hard to believe (and I love it) that Fergy is still in the top 50 NFL passing yards all time

For a team that had OJ, and at a time that was much different, passing wise, it still does my heart a solid to see Fergy in the top 50.  As of now he is 47th all time (29,817 yards), behind Randall Cunningham and just ahead of John Kitna.

He is tied for 45th in TDs with 196.

Sorry for the nostalgia trip, but since we are talking Bills QBs of the future I couldn't help but go to the deep past.

EDIT (to include info from my post below):  When he retired in 1990 he was 13th in yards and 15th in TDs.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

DD, I swear to you neither did I.

Guys who aren't worth salt fart 4,000 yard seasons nowadays.

LMAO

What the heck is that awful stench?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Wow - I had no idea that he played until 1990.  I always figured he retired sometime in the early-mid 80's.

Let go by the Bills and then played another 5 seasons (injured I guess one year), in a mostly back up capacity, in Detroit, TB and Indy.

A buddy of mine from Detroit said they loved him as the back up while he was there.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

38 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

And yet people freak out when you trade a QB who could barely crack 3000!  

37 minutes ago, Billznut said:

Loved Fergy. His numbers will be passed by a lot of QBs soon enough. Glad he’s still ranked as highly as he is. 

Same here;  was my favorite Bill after OJ.

• Like (+1) 3

40 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Looks like the next 3 to pass him room be Dalton, Newton, Wilson, don't see many others on the horizon, so he could be top 50 for a bit!! 

Also, I think today guys are given less chances to succeed, which might be why some of the older guys are still on there, like you have one bad year and it's time for the axe nowadays.

• Like (+1) 1

Joe Ferguson.  I was a boy when he played for the Bills, but my lingering image of him is something like him failing to convert a 3rd down pass, and walking off the field, undoing his chin strap, and hanging his head.

I know the "head hanging" thing is a label frequently slapped  on him, but it truly is an image I have of him.

Edited by Fadingpain

12 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Really criminal that he isn’t on the wall.

Eh.  Call me crazy, but I think the guy was overrated.  He only started a full season a handful of times and he never even had a 4,000 yard season.  His career just screams "meh," to me.

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

Eh.  Call me crazy, but I think the guy was overrated.  He only started a full season a handful of times and he never even had a 4,000 yard season.  His career just screams "meh," to me.

Not surprising coming from the guy who advocated Orton for the WOF.