4-24: Ian Rapoport on One Bills Live and the Rich Eisen Show

19 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Exactly.

And I'd rather have two tickets with those odds and guarantee myself the outcome than one. 

But it's dependant on developing that QB. You can't develop 2 at the same time or 1 will be lacking. Maybe if there was a minor league it would be worth it. But since there's only so much time and so many reps and so many coaches it just wouldn't work

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

The 2019 EDGE class has the potential to be ridiculous.  Some of those combine athletic testing scores will be absurd.

I was glad they got a relatively early pick for Tyrod if they weren't going to put talent around him and let him have the entire 2018 season..............but in retrospect not having him on the roster makes the Bills 2018 first rounder look so much more appealing to teams.    I'd rather the focus was this years picks.   Objectively........that Bills pick looks like a top 10 for sure to me if I am the Giants or Browns or Colts/Broncos/Bucs.  That draft next year is loaded with talent at money positions.   

It wouldn't be the worst idea for Cleveland to take two QBs.  It worked for the Dalls Cowboys of the early 90s.  Took Aikman #1 overall and then used the #2 pick of the supplemental draft on Steve Walsh.  That pick of Walsh cost the Cowboys #1 overall in the 1990 NFL draft, but Walsh was then traded for a 1st rounder, 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder in the 1990 season.  

15 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

But it's dependant on developing that QB. You can't develop 2 at the same time or 1 will be lacking. Maybe if there was a minor league it would be worth it. But since there's only so much time and so many reps and so many coaches it just wouldn't work

This is pure speculation. 

It doesn't happen all the time, but backup QBs with limited reps are fully capable of becoming quality NFL QBs. 

If the Bills had picks 1 and 4, I'd want us to pick two QBs and let them all compete. The cream will rise to the top. It always does in the NFL. 

1 hour ago, Pre1236 said:

Draft two QBs with picks 1 and 4...in hopes they both work out so you can then trade one for a first round pick, which probably won't be as high as 1 or 4. 

Do I have this right? 

Rap sheet shot the idea down as unrealistic as he should have.  Tasker. ;)

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I can’t figure out why they don’t take 9 QBs. That helps them get their guy. If you don’t have a QB nothing else matters. 

...take 9 and start 'em all......add a center and Shady.......keep the world guessing......McDaboll Ball cometh...............

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to 4-24: Ian Rapoport on One Bills Live and the Rich Eisen Show