FA OL we havent mentioned in a while

Thanks for bringing his name up.

I've never heard of him before, don't know who he's played for, what his stats are, or where he went to college.

But, this is the offseason. He's a FA Offensive Lineman that's still on the market.

TD SIGN THIS GUY OUR OUR SEASON IS RUINED!

The rest of the board is now alerted and will soon be carrying torches and pitchforks in a mass march on OBD with signs, placards, and chants demanding this guy be signed by sundown today.

I've never heard of him before, don't know who he's played for, what his stats are, or where he went to college.

But, this is the offseason. He's a FA Offensive Lineman that's still on the market.

The rest of the board is now alerted and will soon be carrying torches and pitchforks in a mass march on OBD with signs, placards, and chants demanding this guy be signed by sundown today.

273596[/snapback]

Played for the Lions and was a starter. He is now an UFA looking for a home. I am self admittedly incompetant when iy comes to O-line stuff but I do recall his name out there early. This guy might be the best FA left after Demulling for our OL needs. I dont know if he is the answer or not but I;m sure someone here has game film or a wonderlic score for him 0:) .

Played for the Lions and was a starter. He is now an UFA looking for a home. I am self admittedly incompetant when iy comes to O-line stuff but I do recall his name out there early. This guy might be the best FA left after Demulling for our OL needs. I dont know if he is the answer or not but I;m sure someone here has game film or a wonderlic score for him :P .

273598[/snapback]

Rest assured, with Jason Peters on our team, a Wonderlick above 2 will be acceptable. 0:)

Yes he started at RT for the Lions. He was an okay lineman for them. But from what little I have seen of him, nothing special. IMHO he cannot go to the left side and would be a huge downgrade from MW at RT. If he were brought, MW would go to the LT and would downgrade our line potentially in 2 spots, at least until MW learns the LT spot.

273596[/snapback]

Thank You. ;)

Stockar McDougle is still out there as well. I will be the first to admit that I dont know much about him or what he has done but why not bring him in? He has a visit with Pitt soon!  Can this guy be a solid pickup?

273589[/snapback]

He's big, fat and slow - just like our current RT.

and probably wants to be overpaid as well.

sounds like a good fit.

273596[/snapback]

I can be sarcastic with the best of them, but this wasn't a jp-era "We better sign McDougle or we're screwed" thread. The guy was just wondering about McDougle coming in for a visit?

Better than another worse band, worse song, what are you listening too, best debut album, best final album, best song lyrics, etc.... thread. If there are two sub forums TSW needs, one would be for music threads and the other would be for video games.:w00t:

I can be sarcastic with the best of them, but this wasn't a jp-era "We better sign McDougle or we're screwed" thread.  The guy was just wondering about McDougle coming in for a visit?

Better than another worse band, worse song, what are you listening too, best debut album, best final album, best song lyrics, etc.... thread. If there are two sub forums TSW needs, one would be for music threads and the other would be for video games.:lol:

274253[/snapback]

I guess some folks see a FA thread and automattically ASSume that JP-Era started it so there is no bother to read it just bash him. I have no problem bashing him with the best of em but at least read the post. :P

I guess some folks see a FA thread and automattically ASSume that JP-Era started it so there is no bother to read it just bash him.  I have no problem bashing him with the best of em but at least read the post. :lol:

274668[/snapback]

Oh, I read your post allright. It's just that I got a jump on the other stir-crazy lunatics that obsess over every FA faceless name that gets mentioned as a possible acquisition. No harm intended. I'm sure Duncan McFarkle would be a fine choice for TD to make. :P

McDougle is a physical specimen who has never played to his assumed potential. I remember John Butler commenting that he was the most cut big man he'd ever seen at the combine. One thing for sure, Mariucci would fight and claw over a solid player at LT, my guess is he's most likely to end up a career underachiever.

McDougle is a physical specimen who has never played to his assumed potential. I remember John Butler commenting that he was the most cut big man he'd ever seen at the combine. One thing for sure, Mariucci would fight and claw over a solid player at LT, my guess is he's most likely to end up a career underachiever.

274725[/snapback]

I wonder if Krumrie could kick his ass.

And be just as sure that the path to Canton is paved with high Wonderlic scores.

275730[/snapback]

True, but in all seriousness, high Wonderlic scores, or rather the thing they are trying to test is important in some positions and not so much in others. Very important in quarter back and center, but not so much so in running back.

Edited by JohnnyB

Stockar McDougle is still out there as well. I will be the first to admit that I dont know much about him or what he has done but why not bring him in? He has a visit with Pitt soon!  Can this guy be a solid pickup?

273589[/snapback]

The Miami Herald is reporting that the Dolphins are expected to sign Lions OT Stockar McDougle (per numbnuts Florio)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

If there are two sub forums TSW needs, one would be for music threads and the other would be for video games.:rolleyes:

274253[/snapback]

I'm not sure I like that idea, afterall, where would we put the threads about the music IN video games? ;)