Jon Ledyard: Interior OL class loaded

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

We will get depth along the OL in later rounds but the starters are in place if we like it or not. I fully expect LT Dion Dawkins, Ryan Groy LG, Bodine C, John Miller RG and Mills RT? Yeah it sucks but after we possibly trad up for a QB I don't see how we can get OL over LB imo.

good depth. now who did you pick as the starters ?

oh.

never mind.

Hope Daboll is wired tight and has Mc Beanes ear.

Bills need plenty of help yet

But

you are likely correct and they will add solid developmentable depth

Edited by 3rdand12

2 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

good depth. now who did you pick as the starters ?

oh.

never mind.

Hope Daboll is wired tight and has Mc Beanes ear.

Bills need plenty of help yet

But

you are likely correct and they will add solid developmentable depth

They have 80+M to spend next season, work on the line with solid proven vets. Let Peterman or McCarron get killed behind the OL this year.

4 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Derp, this is why we shouldn’t trade our picks.

What good is the possibility of taking a franchise QB when you have no other picks until the 3rd round? 

Derp.

You can find the rest of the team much easier than you can find a QB. That's the bottom line. You can spend decades chasing a QB while if Left Guard is an issue you can always put a bit more resources to find much easier. Teams don't go decades looking for a good Left Guard.

Get your QB, hopefully, it comes at a good cost where you have 3 or more premium picks left over to fill some other needs. But don't be stingy with picks when it comes to getting a QB. 

My ideal scenario is Rosen, Allen, and Darnold go top 3. Mayfield (even Rosen or Darnold would be good, just not a fan of Allen) falls to pick 4 and the Bills scoop in and get him for picks 12, 22, a late round pick, and a 2nd next year. The 2nd next year isn't easy to lose but you have to pay a premium to get a QB. 12 and 22 are OK as that amounts to filling your biggest need on the roster. Toss in a late pick to sweeten the deal and you get a top QB prospect while still having picks 53, 56, 65, and 96 to fill some other holes on the roster. 

The Browns would get their QB at pick 1 then have 12, 22, 33, 35, and 64 (while also adding a late round pick) to fill out the rest of their roster. Next years draft would also be set up nicely having two 3rd round picks (Danny Shelton trade) and an extra 2nd. The Browns could have a dynasty with 2 good draft classes and some of last years draft class panning out (not to mention tons of cap space.)

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

They have 80+M to spend next season, work on the line with solid proven vets. Let Peterman or McCarron get killed behind the OL this year.

McCarron can be an effective game manager and keep you in games if your defense is good (Which if they can find 1 good linebacker and get some luck via pass rush the defense should be solid.) I would rather have a young high potential QB in place learning the system for a year and some other hole on the roster than a roster that's better overall but lacks a coherent future at QB. As you said there is a windfall of cap space that could be used to fill 2 or more needs with high-end players if issues are that big. But finding a QB is and should be the top priority for the team. 

On 4/17/2018 at 7:03 PM, wppete said:

I like Ragnow, C/G,  Arkansas. We can get him with the second pick in the 3rd round. 

He's really moving up draft lists. An article on nfl.com lists him as 1 of 4 prospects who could sneak into the first round. I'd say he's a sure bet for R2 now.

• Like (+1) 1