But... It's Our Swamp Now

Slap on the wrist, no doubt:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/climate/scott-pruitt-phone-booth.html

Auditors wrote that the E.P.A.’s “failure to comply with a governmentwide statutory requirement that an agency notify the appropriations committees before it spends more than $5,000 for the office of a presidential appointee” was a violation of the law and should be reported to Congress and the president.

:lol: What do you think the head walking scandal will do?

"...said Mr. Pruitt was “blatantly breaking laws and ethics rules that protect taxpayers from government waste, fraud and abuse in order to help himself to perks and special favors.”

But, but... We didn't mean to?  Okay, you get a pass.

You may want to read the whole article.  Especially this part...

The G.A.O. report noted that federal laws would not have blocked E.P.A. from purchasing the phone booth, and Ms. Bowman said that the accountability office had recognized the need for employees to have access to secure telephone lines to handle sensitive information.

Pruitt has become a target of the left because he's a darling with Conservatives, but anybody who's ever worked as a state or government employee knows that you can't take shortcuts and have to follow everything by the book because you're working for the taxpayers.  I don't think he should be fired for this, but he has to go through the proper channels know matter how irritating it is or how long it takes.  I've been there.

Edited by Doc Brown

Just remember something EII.  Every time you walk into work, you're working for Donald Trump

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's expecting a little too much from EII

10 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'd love to see where your source on that comes from.

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/12/1223066_re-get-ready-for-chicago-hot-dog-friday-.html

If you don't know who/what Strafor is, they're a CIA front and their wikileak files are intense. 

Notice the language used: "waitress" , "same channels"... 

Coded language. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://wikileaks.org/gifiles/docs/12/1223066_re-get-ready-for-chicago-hot-dog-friday-.html

If you don't know who/what Strafor is, they're a CIA front and their wikileak files are intense. 

Notice the language used: "waitress" , "same channels"... 

Coded language. 

Interesting.  I know Chicago style pizza is expensive, but not $65,000 expensive.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

The G.A.O. report noted that federal laws would not have blocked E.P.A. from purchasing the phone booth, and Ms. Bowman said that the accountability office had recognized the need for employees to have access to secure telephone lines to handle sensitive information.

Pruitt has become a target of the left because he's a darling with Conservatives, but anybody who's ever worked as a state or government employee knows that you can't take shortcuts and have to follow everything by the book because you're working for the taxpayers.  I don't think he should be fired for this, but he has to go through the proper channels know matter how irritating it is or how long it takes.  I've been there.

Of course... Buy a million dollar booth.  I don't care, just get authorization so they don't break the law.

The booth is not the point.

16 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Just remember something EII.  Every time you walk into work, you're working for Donald Trump

That's expecting a little too much from EII

I know... His picture is in break room.  I hung it up proudly... TWICE.  The first one with a frown/scrowl on Trump's face in the portrait, the second one with him smiling.

Mattis is the only one on the wall in the breakroom that has his "war face" on... The other generals and colonels, sec of defense have a smile...

Oh... I work for You too, along with myself... We both pay into General Fund.