How's Arnold S. doing?

CA's Gov Arnold is leading the fight to end gerrymandering that results in districts that are 'ribbons of shame' rather than respecting "The geographical integrity of any city, county, or city and county, or of any geographical region" as is required by the state constitution.

Since both major parties are guilty of this, his motivation would appear to be an effort to provide constituents with better representation, rather than a partisan power grab. I don't know if a panel of judges is the best solution, but it would be an improvement.

There was a lot of ridicule of Arnold personally and the GOP in general while he was running for Gov. Any of his former detractors wish to admit that CA is better off for his leadership?

I don’t think Arnold is doing a bad job at all. He is in a state that is so dang cash strapped the students sit in modular classrooms around sticky rat traps and buckets to catch the rain water.

He opened all the states storehouses up and auctioned off EVERYTHING the state was storing in there for their offices. You want to talk about waste and fraud..... Espresso machines, $1500 personal coffee makers, plasma tv's for peoples offices, and so on.... There was a list online somewhere of the auction post. Who in the hell authorizes $1500.00 coffee makers? Are they made of gold? At least he is making a stab at something way bigger than he alone can fix.

Good for the "Governator." Gerrymandering is one thing that always PO'd me!

Congressional Districts

Congressional Districts divide almost every state in the United States into two or more chunks; each district should be roughly equal throughout the entire country. Each district elects one Representative to the House of Representatives. The number of districts in each state is determined by the decennial census, as mandated by the Constitution. But districts are not mentioned in the Constitution. The United States Code acknowledges districting, but leaves the "how's" to the states (gerrymandering, however, is unconstitutional [as seen in Davis v Bandemer, 478 U.S. 109, though, the intent of gerrymandering is difficult to prove]).

CA's Gov Arnold is leading the fight to end gerrymandering that results in districts that are 'ribbons of shame' rather than respecting "The geographical integrity of any city, county, or city and county, or of any geographical region" as is required by the state constitution.

Since both major parties are guilty of this, his motivation would appear to be an effort to provide constituents with better representation, rather than a partisan power grab. I don't know if a panel of judges is the best solution, but it would be an improvement.

There was a lot of ridicule of Arnold personally and the GOP in general while he was running for Gov. Any of his former detractors wish to admit that CA is better off for his leadership?

273234[/snapback]

He's taking a lot of crap from educators these days. Lots of radio ads calling him a liar for 'borrowing' education funds, but not returning them. Still in all...the old standby question; are you better off now than you were with the other governor? Absofreakinlutely...if for no other reason than he rescinded Davis' push to freely give driver's licenses to undocumented aliens.

He's taking a lot of crap from educators these days. Lots of radio ads calling him a liar for 'borrowing' education funds, but not returning them. Still in all...the old standby question; are you better off now than you were with the other governor? Absofreakinlutely...if for no other reason than he rescinded Davis' push to freely give driver's licenses to undocumented aliens.

274201[/snapback]

The education union, always a left-leaning intitution, putting out unfair ads against the Republican Governor. Gotta love partisan hacks. And before you freak out, Im well-aware this BS goes both ways.

273234[/snapback]

I had first read about this in the New Republic back in January.

I think they should try it first in Texas where it could really do some good by taking the knees out from under Uber-crooked Texas Conservative Big Daddy Tom DeLay and give it back to representative government.

And of course it wouldn't hurt here in New York where the Republican dominated assembly gerrymandered districts so wretchedly that we have Louise Slaughter's Buffalo to Rochester via the lake Ontario seaway trail district representing the people who live across the street from me......but not me.

274201[/snapback]

Undocumented aliens? Come on man of all people I would expect you to be able to call them what they are. Cut the PC crap!!

Their freeking ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!!

I had first read about this in the New Republic back in January.

I think they should try it first in Texas where it could really do some good by taking the knees out from under Uber-crooked Texas Conservative Big Daddy Tom DeLay and give it back to representative government.

And of course it wouldn't hurt here in New York where the Republican dominated assembly gerrymandered districts so wretchedly that we have Louise Slaughter's Buffalo to Rochester via the lake Ontario seaway trail district representing the people who live across the street from me......but not me.

274606[/snapback]

Welcome aboard. You appear to be on the opposite of the political spectrum from me. Neither of us are being properly represented by gerrymandering that has been performed by both parties. Time to find a new way.

Welcome aboard. You appear to be on the opposite of the political spectrum from me. Neither of us are being properly represented by gerrymandering that has been performed by both parties. Time to find a new way.

274663[/snapback]

Do you not think Tom DeLay is an abomination (even by conservative Texas standards).......or are you partisan?

Schwarzeneggar's plan to have a panel of retired judges decide congressional districts is not without merit until you begin to think about who picks the judges that redifine the boundries. Are they summarily appointed by Herr Ah-nahld, or are they voted on by the people. The novel idea is worthy of consideration and a far prefable tact of a Republican pol than the "Exterminator" Delay's game of divide and conquer north of the Rio Grande.

Undocumented aliens?  Come on man of all people I would expect you to be able to call them what they are.  Cut the PC crap!!

Their freeking ILLEGAL ALIENS!!!!

274635[/snapback]

I was gonna call them orange vendors. I'll lose the PC stuff next time. <_<