It Is Weird That Mock Drafts Are News - Plus. They have to wear the hats!

If there is a random thread about how odd mock drafts are, I didn't see it. So that is my excuse in advance if you get annoyed!

But first, I just found out the guys at the Draft in Dallas, have to wear one of those goofy draft hats when they get picked!

"New Era unveiled each of the NFL’s 32 team caps, which will be worn by draftees when they shake NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s hand. You too could wear this stylish cap, featuring a cool new design, including a popular Bills slogan on the inner lining. "

Oh well. Price of fame I guess. It is just sad that the first thing they have to do is put on that clown hat.

Moving right along. The more mock drafts I see, the sillier they become. I never paid that much attention til this year, because this year is so much more complicated for us. And so much more important.

But it is all just some guy pretending. They make a pretend draft. There is no news to it at all. At this point they can't even say who the first overall will be.

But it gets announced with excitement that some reporter has a new mock draft! And then I go and look and I am either excited, or mad, depending how it worked out. Finally it sunk in that it makes no sense for me to do that. There is no draft but the actual draft. I don't spend time looking at somebody's pretend games during the season. Why am I doing this for the draft?

So I am not going to any more. I hope.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

If there is a random thread about how odd mock drafts are, I didn't see it. So that is my excuse in advance if you get annoyed!

But first, I just found out the guys at the Draft in Dallas, have to wear one of those goofy draft hats when they get picked!

"New Era unveiled each of the NFL’s 32 team caps, which will be worn by draftees when they shake NFL commissioner Roger Goodell’s hand. You too could wear this stylish cap, featuring a cool new design, including a popular Bills slogan on the inner lining. "

Oh well. Price of fame I guess. It is just sad that the first thing they have to do is put on that clown hat.

Moving right along. The more mock drafts I see, the sillier they become. I never paid that much attention til this year, because this year is so much more complicated for us. And so much more important.

But it is all just some guy pretending. They make a pretend draft. There is no news to it at all. At this point they can't even say who the first overall will be.

But it gets announced with excitement that some reporter has a new mock draft! And then I go and look and I am either excited, or mad, depending how it worked out. Finally it sunk in that it makes no sense for me to do that. There is no draft but the actual draft. I don't spend time looking at somebody's pretend games during the season. Why am I doing this for the draft?

So, use this thread to post mock drafts? ??

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Mock drafts are for pure entertainment value only. I do think that people take these things to heart and that’s annoying. Then people give kiper and mcshay **** for being wrong all the time. It’s impossible to guess the draft correctly, it’s just pure luck most of the time if you get one right 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Mock drafts are named that for a reason - the creators should be mocked.  Here is only good mock (mock duck) and not as good as the real one!

sayur_duck_cooked__62010.jpeg?v=14336825

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

so, i'm guessing you don't do fantasy football either then.