Recommend me some driving songs

Roundybout

Hey guys, 

Got a long road trip coming up from WNY down to Tennessee for a conference on sportswriting. I would rather drive and take in the spring weather (ha!), and you can't have a road trip without music. I am looking for suggestions. 

So far on the list -

Turn the Page - Bob Seger 

Radar Love - Golden Earring 

Bat Outta Hell - Meat Loaf 

You Could be Mine - GNR

Any others? 

Radar Love...

Born to be Wild , Highway to Hell and Highway Star are great as well...

God, there's just so many great ones.  Rock and roll when radio and cars were king was just so much fun.  

Two more...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

Pandora or Spotify your friend. 

I am A podcast or audible books guy on my many journies to Buffalo from Richmond. 

What do you enjoy outside of sports? I have listened to the Origins podcasts and enjoy them. The one on Curb was great. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorker.com/culture/podcast-dept/origins-a-podcast-about-great-beginnings-begins-with-the-oral-history-of-curb-your-enthusiasm/amp

just listened to the audible book All the Pieces Matter which is an oral history of the Wire. Pretty good, but I am a big fan of the wire. 

For sports Pardom My Take, Russ Tucker and Tiny Korheiser are all great. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Hey guys, 

Got a long road trip coming up from WNY down to Tennessee for a conference on sportswriting. I would rather drive and take in the spring weather (ha!), and you can't have a road trip without music. I am looking for suggestions. 

So far on the list -

You Could be Mine - GNR

Any others? 

If going Bob Seger you need to go with the Travelling Man/Beautiful loser Jam from Live Bullet

Eagles : Take it Easy always a good one.

Personally I would go old school with some Marshall Tucker or Allman Brother jams.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Hey guys, 

So far on the list -

You Could be Mine - GNR

Any others? 

Please concentrate on the roads...but how about some Steely Dan mixed in with some Van Morrison,baby.Safe travels,brother.p.s.- Try to find some time to hang at a no place corner gin mill...you'll find some great live music in those joints...Memphis rocks.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

Please concentrate on the roads...but how about some Steely Dan mixed in with some Van Morrison,baby.Safe travels,brother.p.s.- Try to find some time to hang at a no place corner gin mill...you'll find some great live music in those joints...Memphis rocks.

Thanks, friend :)

Edited by BillsEnthusiast