RB Pre-draft visits

BobbyC81

All of these pre-draft visits with RBs has me wondering.  If the pre-draft visits were unlimited, I wouldn't think twice about it, but with the limit of 30, and several being used for RBs, what could be on the horizon (#25?)?

I think it is adding depth and talent there. We can't have another situation where a guy like Tolbert is getting carries or we are signing scrubs off the street at the end if the season. . Plus Penny and Ballage have some really good return ability. If we were bringing in Guice and Barkley for visits, I might think something was up with McCoy, but were are bringing in day 2 guys. 

It’s just a great RB class and Shady is 30ish. The Bills have an opportunity to snag a potential starting RB about a round later than they normally would go because of the depth of the class. Additionally, they don’t have a number 2 really. It’s a value play.

Everyone is looking for their Kamara. The Bills have arguably the worst skill players in the league (Shady and bums). It would benefit them to get some more guys that can do damage with the ball in their hands.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

All of these pre-draft visits with RBs has me wondering.  If the pre-draft visits were unlimited, I wouldn't think twice about it, but with the limit of 30, and several being used for RBs, what could be on the horizon (#25?)?

Neither of them are immediate starters. Both are raw, productive in college but need development. Penny in particular can’t block a lick.

the Bills *really* need to add a RB this draft and the only thing that has do with 25 is his age. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I think it is adding depth and talent there. We can't have another situation where a guy like Tolbert is getting carries or we are signing scrubs off the street at the end if the season. . Plus Penny and Ballage have some really good return ability. If we were bringing in Guice and Barkley for visits, I might think something was up with McCoy, but were are bringing in day 2 guys. 

We brought in Guice (or at least met with him). The Bills love him FWIW.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

We brought in Guice (or at least met with him). The Bills love him FWIW.

Met with him at combine. Fwiw I read he may slip to 2nd (I doubt it but it was projected by Galko). If he did the Bills could move up from 53 to take him. I would. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Met with him at combine. Fwiw I read he may slip to 2nd (I doubt it but it was projected by Galko). If he did the Bills could move up from 53 to take him. I would. 

Either way he'll be a late 1st or early 2nd in all likelihood. I think it was Jeremiah, but someone the other day was saying they expect Saquon, Guice, and Sony Michel all to go in the first round.

3 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Either way he'll be a late 1st or early 2nd in all likelihood. I think it was Jeremiah, but someone the other day was saying they expect Saquon, Guice, and Sony Michel all to go in the first round.

They have the grades to go there, but could see any of them dropping just due to positional value and runs on other positions, not necessarily the players themselves.

31 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They seem to like LSU guys

Check out Devin White, the LB from LSU. He’s a year or so away but he’a McDermott’s wet dream. He’s 6’1”, 255 lbs and is sub-4.5. He’s going to be an absolute star. Put him on your radar.

https://youtu.be/Q0keWriEjo8

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1