Henry's value?

Frez

A conditional 5th in 2006 that goes to a 4th, 3rd or 2nd based on performance & re-signing.

4th-If he starts 12 games or more

3rd-If he rushes for 1,000 yards

2nd-If he rushes for 1,000 yards and re-signs with the team that traded for him.

The time to trade him was last season at the trading deadline because Willis had already beaten him out by then and his value would never get any higher. His subsequent injury dropped his value considerably, as did his "get me out of here" attitude.

I think he'll survive draft day, unless a team is desperate and stupidly gives up a #2 or possibly a #1. He'll get traded as albany states, for a conditional 2006 pick. I could see the 49ers or dolphins doing something stupid like trading him for their #2 pick though. Draft day is always interesting with TD on the button.

I think he'll survive draft day, unless a team is desperate and stupidly gives up a #2 or possibly a #1.  He'll get traded as albany states, for a conditional 2006 pick.  I could see the 49ers or dolphins doing something stupid like trading him for their #2 pick though.  Draft day is always interesting with TD on the button.

273054[/snapback]

Draft day should be very interesting this year!

I think that there will be some conditional deal, but it's not going to have huge escalator clauses based on yards. 5th, upgraded to a fourth if he rushes for 750 yards and/or has 1000 total yards.

Teams will indeed recognize that the 750 yards won't be worth much if he is missing one or two blocks a game that causes the quarterback to take needless shots.

TH will be more valuable at Trainiing Camp time when the first running back goes down. Teams counting on a backup runner might make a #3 2006 pick, or a #3-->2 conditional pick at that time. Think of the Jaguars, for example, if Fred Taylor has an injury in Preseason, and they're looking at LaBrandon Toefield as a 6 week replacement.

His value is dictated by a number of circumstances, not the least of which is the current need by other teams of a guy of his caliber. Plus, is he perceived in the league as the 1400 yard Pro Bowl back or as the cancerous pedophile village idiot that some TSW armchair GMs see?

You also need to look at it from the Bill's perspective...which is to ask "If he's only worth a third or fourth round pick, is there something of value in the draft this year that would justify snatching up the extra pick...or does next year's draft crop provide answers worth stockpiling for this year, in the manner Albany is discussing above?

Plus, as other more knowledgeable posters have commented previously, all it takes is one preseason RB injury to escalate his value this year.

I'm not a draftnik, but to determine his value at this moment is to determine if there is anyone we have our eye on in the third or fourth round of this year's draft that we couldn't get without trading Henry for that pick?