Miami DT RJ McIntosh scheduled for pre-draft visit

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have him a very possible replacement for Adolphus Washington this year, and the eventual heir to Kyle Williams.

Thinking he is a 3rd round guy. 

Has Adolphus already been thrown in the dumpster? Sheesh what a waste!

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I have him a very possible replacement for Adolphus Washington this year, and the eventual heir to Kyle Williams.

Thinking he is a 3rd round guy. 

Could be...I have him on the border of days 2/3.  I think he'll eventually be a solid interior pass rusher and also be adequate against the run.

Great athlete too...reminds me a bit of Jihad Ward when he came out Illinois.  Very athletic and tons of potential, but not quite where you'd like him to be as a football player.

3 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Interesting bit from draft profile: While teams will likely view him as a defensive tackle, McIntosh could fit as a base 4-3 end with the ability to reduce inside on passing downs.

There's a bunch of those guys in this year's draft.  McIntosh and Rasheem Green are the early guys that fit that mold, but there are others like Bunmi Rotimi, John Franklin-Myers, Kentavius Street, and Andrew Brown that will be around on Day 3 IMO

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

There's a bunch of those guys in this year's draft.  McIntosh and Rasheem Green are the early guys that fit that mold, but there are others like Bunmi Rotimi, John Franklin-Myers, Kentavius Street, and Andrew Brown that will be around on Day 3 IMO

I like the flexibility, especially if we're going for more of a DL-by-committee approach. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

More Miami guys

Chad Thomas is a McDermott DE if I've ever seen one.  He's got the prototype body structure with the nice long arms, can rush from the EDGE or provide inside pressure, is a very intelligent kid, and plays hard every snap.

I have no idea if he'll be able to maximize his physical talent, but he's definitely a day 2 pick for me.

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Was Alex Carrington the DT we had who blocked a bunch of kicks?

I think they called him "The Hand."  Seems like forever ago already.

I think it was Megahand. 

I guess the the north does not remember ?